Kore 1 as a DAW controller in windows 10

Discussion in 'KORE' started by gpghey, Sep 14, 2019.

1. gpghey

gpghey New Member

hi, I am a cubase user and want to use the Kore 1 as a daw controller in windows 10. I can't find a windows 10 driver but i read on the forum that people on the forum managed to get it working in windows 10. I tried the current driver on the website for windows 7 and 8 but it does not work. When i connect the Kore the lights go on and after a few seconds it stops. On the display i can see Kore and the audio interface seems to work. Can somebody help me of does it simply won't work as a daw controller in windows 10

2. Paule

Paule NI Product Owner

Is it cubase 64 or 32 bit?

3. gpghey

gpghey New Member

Cubase 7 64 bit

4. JD Pearl

JD Pearl New Member

I recently got my hands on a KORE 1 controller and I'm trying to figure out what it can be used for. I'm running Windows 10. I'm also learning as I go, here. New to NI. I will say that at first, it did the same thing as far as the lights coming on, turning off and then seeming dormant. I did get beyond that and have the controller staying on and seeming fully functional. I believe that when loading the driver, the controller must NOT be plugged in to the computer. Also, I downloaded only the KORE 1 controller driver. Hopefully, this info at least gets you to where I am, where it stays powered up and displays info, the knobs are functional, Etc. I downloaded Native Access and Komplete Start successfully and had to run what's called Komplete Kontrol as a stand alone first thing, and was able to get the KORE 1 controllers knobs working in sync with the NI software. I hope this helps you. HEY! if anyone can tell me if using this KORE 1 controller can still be useful these days or is it a waste of time trying to integrate it into the modern day set up. all of my other hardware and software is current stuff. I'm just starting up with NI so any input from anyone would be helpful. I'm an intermediate level producer of three years, musician for 35 years. DAWs that I'm trying to run Komplete Start as a plug in and am best with so far, are Reason 10 Lite, Waveform 10 and ACID Pro 8.

5. djwaxxy

djwaxxy NI Product Owner

I still use my kore controller with win 10 and its been working fine for years..im on kore 2.
    its still a brilliant controller I did have a kore 1 many many years ago but I returned it because the audio interface was terrible it was constantly giving me headaches crashing the guy in the store recommended the kore 2 and swapped it..the kore 1 will work but don't use the audio interface I think that's were the issues lie the audio drivers conflict with something ..also make sure your using kore 64bit plugin or youll need to use jbridge if your using Cubase 10 and kore 32bit plugin.

6. djwaxxy

djwaxxy NI Product Owner

update --just read you say your using Cubase 7 ..that's really old if you can update to Cubase 10 its much much better id wait until blackfriday there usually on offer then .

7. Paule

Paule NI Product Owner

The headline says KORE 1

8. gpghey

gpghey New Member

I am going to update to windows 10 and see if it works. Thaks