Kore 2 Catalina

Discussion in 'KORE' started by xforkast, Nov 17, 2019.

1. xforkast

xforkast NI Product Owner

First off I’m using Catalina on a test ssd. Has anyone successfully activated Kore 2 in Catalina? Everything installed with some work arounds except for Service Center which is needed to activate Kore 2. Kore 2 runs inside of Maschine just fine but in demo mode.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. EvilDragon

EvilDragon Moderator Moderator

Service Center was never 64-bit AFAIK, so I'm afraid you won't be able to authorize Kore from Catalina onward. It is actually surprising how long Kore survived under all the nasty macOS changes throughout the years, but it seems it's the end of the road...

• Like Like x 2
  3. xforkast

xforkast NI Product Owner

Ok thanks for the information. But I’m still using it in Windows 10 and Mojave. So I’ll stick with those. Hopefully Microsoft won’t kill it off.

4. EvilDragon

Kore 2 still happily ticks under W10 here! I think it's gonna be that way for a long time to come.

• Like Like x 2
  5. jondl_2000

jondl_2000 NI Product Owner

Did you try the "Add a serial' from Native Access under Catalina?

6. EvilDragon

AFAIK Native Access cannot be used to authorize Kore.

7. jondl_2000

jondl_2000 NI Product Owner

I purchased a second hand license for Kore 2 last spring and successfully added the serial number to NA. My memory fails me and I recall messing around with the hot mess Service Center has become at the same time so I don't recall which I used to authorize Kore 2 (running Mojave, not Catalina) and seem to recall it worked. It might be worth his time to five it a try.

8. trusampler

trusampler NI Product Owner

Another reason to just leave Mac's t.f. alone..

• Dislike Dislike x 2
  9. dasoli

dasoli NI Product Owner

Got you!

10. Veiss

Veiss NI Product Owner

I just tried to install Kore 2 with the latest version found in my account page and can confirm it doesn't work on Mojave. I'd be curious to know if it even work son High Sierra.

11. EvilDragon

If you disable SIP it should work on both of those. Also, restart after install.

• Like Like x 1
  12. polive

polive NI Product Owner

Hello EvilDragon. What is SIP? I would like the option of continuing to run Kore player!

13. EvilDragon

Google "disable SIP".

14. Kymeia

Kymeia NI Product Owner

I have the Kore 2 plugin working fine on Mohave - just not bothering anymore with the hardware (using a combo of Komplete Kontrol for knobs and a ROLI Lightpad M for the morph grid instead)

• Like Like x 1