Kore 2 decided to stop working and reinstall won't help (database/browser synch hang)

Discussion in 'Technical Issues' started by Alland Byallo, Mar 9, 2014.

1. Alland Byallo

Alland Byallo NI Product Owner

hey guys
    i've been searching for my specific problem on here and can't find a solution that helps.

i've been using kore2 for effects return in ableton for a while now. it's always a bit slow but always works. today i opened up a project which, rather unfortunately, relied a lot on Kore2 for it's effects. It just crashes ableton and hung there.

So I reinstalled, still no luck. I notice it hangs at the "syncing database and browser" stage. everything else seems to scan fine. i updated everything NI and this is 2.14. I'm on OS X 10.7.5. i'm opening it in standalone and it just hangs all the same.

I literally changed nothing in my setup and this just happened out of nowhere. i've tried clearing out the kore2 cache and all that. still nothing. just hangs there.

this is killing me :(((( what can i do?

a

2. schrage musik

schrage musik NI Product Owner

Whenever I get this kind of problem (with Kore or Cubase (mercifully rare in any case)), I move all of my plugins to a temp file then add them back, four at a time. That way, it's easy to narrow down to the offending one.

I have no idea how things work on a Mac re. updates to the OS etc so this may not work for you. It has never let me down on the pc.

3. Alland Byallo

i dont think i can do that with mac, first of all. and it scans through all the plugs. it just stops at another part.
    quite odd. and it just randomly started doing that. i didn't change anything in my setup, install more, update, etc. just same thing, and kore stopped.

4. nielsdolieslager

nielsdolieslager NI Product Owner

I had a corrupt Koredb file half a year ago on Snow Leopard, could be the same issue. It stinks to lose the koredb file because your ratings are stored in it.
    Do you have a Time Machine backup? Move the content and then restore the folder Macintosh HD\Users\username\Library\Application Support\Native Instruments\Kore 2. You can get to your user library by going to the "go" dropdown menu in Finder and then holding Alt.
    If you don't have a Time Machine backup, move the content and open Kore 2 standalone, it will refill that folder. Then do a plugin and koresound library scan. If you customized tags and browser view, move the user.kad file back.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Alland Byallo

YOU ARE A GENIUS. I deleted it all and watched the import. saw the problem VST once it crashed. deleted that bastard in every possible way and yelled at it. spit on it too and then realized i just gave myself more problems. and BAM we're back in action.
    THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

• Like Like x 1
  6. nielsdolieslager

nielsdolieslager NI Product Owner

You're welcome. What VST was it, we need a blacklist, lol :)

• Like Like x 1