1. Please do not install macOS 10.15 Catalina yet, as Native Instruments software and hardware products are not supported under macOS 10.15 yet. For more info, please go HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Kore 2 eof or Kore 3?

Discussion in 'KORE' started by digilog_, May 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. digilog_

digilog_ New Member

2. a1mixman

a1mixman NI Product Owner

Is there an english version of this article?

---
    This doesn't sound good....Bad Translation:

To 06.06.2011 the last Stündlein the native one of instrument KORE 2 is to be introduced, the system from software & One does not want to then sell no more to hardware. However there is to be two further software updates to end of the yearly, which the current Engines of reactor 5 and contact 4 to integrate and a 64-Bit version for Windows and Mac OS X likewise still supplied later…

The technical support should be further ensured for the time being, however future versions of Komplete will be presumably no longer fully compatible to KORE and it are also conceivable it also no special Presets for the KORE browser will more give. According to native ones of instrument one wants those freely becoming development resources into the machine development set and in the future is the MACHINE as general host for instruments and effects to function. Who still another KORE 2 to secure itself wants should thus now slam shut…
    ---
    Maybe what it's saying is that Kore 2 will be updated to the 64bit version, but that any future development will put into Mashine instead.

As long as they can get Kore 2 working on 64bit systems fine, then that would be fine for me.
    ---
    Last day to buy Kore 2 is 06/06/2011... :-(

3. JPaul23

JPaul23 NI Product Owner

"presumably"

4. BurtaN

BurtaN NI Product Owner

I'm German, so here is the translation ;)

Selling of Kore 2 will end 06.06.2011. Until the end of the year, two further upgrades will be released, which should add the current engines of Reaktor 5 and Kontakt 4. A 64-bit Version for Windows an Mac OS X should follow as well.

Technical support will be assured for the present but future versions of Komplete won't be totally compatible to Kore and presumably there won't be further Presets for the Kore-Browser. Following NIs information, the resources will be focused on the developement of Maschine and it is meant to be a general host for Instruments and Effects in the future.
    For all who have thought of buying Kore 2, they should do it now.

Well, I think this is pretty strange. Why should NI discontinue Kore 2 but add a 64bit Version? Why should future versions of Kompakt don't supply Kore Sounds?

5. schrage musik

schrage musik NI Product Owner

Having read the whole statement (and thanks for the tranlation :) ) to me, that advice would read:-

For all who have thought of buying Kore 2, forget it and start looking for something that's not dead.

Further, to state that there will no longer be automatic Komplete compatibility is very poor.

If true, this is a further indication that NI are only interested in DJ toys rather than the needs of musicians.

If, on the other hand, ALL of Kore's capabilities were to be ported to Maschine and if everyone who has bought Kore hardware and software were to be offered a generous crossgrade discount, then perhaps we'd have nothing to complain about. Perhaps......

But I hope this is NOT NI's position. And I wish that they's tell us.

6. BurtaN

BurtaN NI Product Owner

I definitely agree. This is a strange tip by technoscene to buy Kore 2 now.

7. a1mixman

a1mixman NI Product Owner

So they are basically saying Kore 2 is being discontinued. I think they know that there are enough Kore owners out there who they really don't want to piss off, so they are updating it to 64bit and then that's it. Too bad so sad. By the end of the year seems like forever to me. And what are they gonna say, don't buy the controller? I've read similar articles about NI products before. I bet this is the way they like to "release" info.

Oh well. I just hope that they can get 64bit working solid and with multithreading. That's all I really need.

8. taoyoyo

taoyoyo NI Product Owner

... That's as much as I would ask for too, with possibly supporting any changes to the audio engines for Komplete 8.

9. iain.morland

iain.morland Forum Member

This seems pretty bizarre and -- for those of us who rely on Kore to get work done -- concerning.

Surely discontinuing Kore would, at a stroke, significantly cut NI's product line (all the Kore packs)? That doesn't make much business sense to me.

Perhaps a future version of Maschine would be able to open all those packs, so they can be rebadged as Maschine packs. But again - that sounds like a heck of a lot of re-coding and re-packaging.

And expecting current Kore users to want to switch to a very different hardware/software product (in the form of Maschine) seems a big ask. They bought Kore because they wanted Kore, not Maschine.

10. schrage musik

FULLY agree.

11. Donaeis

Donaeis New Member

This is just so unfair!

NI should at least make an official statement like for R5.6 in dev/beta test/public/release.

We don't know anything about any kore update or upgrade.

I was waiting for Reaktor to become 64bits to let Kore become 64 bit as well... I need it!

Please NI, give us a calendar with your plans on it....even if it's not accruate!

Thx

12. JavaJ

JavaJ NI Product Owner

Every year, they discontinued something- last year was B4 and Pro-53- this year Kore (and presumeabley all the Kore Packs). I wonder if K8 will include Machine-ised version fot he previous content. I like the look of the unit- maybe a new unit will come that can sit ontop a keyboard better.

13. ginko

ginko NI Product Owner

Yep and one day they will discontinue Maschine.

14. Sonika

Sonika NI Product Owner

I am curious as to why NI staff hasn't responded to any of these threads about the supposed discontinuation of Kore (2)…Maybe I missed it…There are a lot of "worried" users, so a response to put any worries at ease wouldn't be totally out of line:)

I don't know about the profitability of Kore of course, but I don't understand why it would be discontinued if it is doing great business…

Let's hope we'll hear something soon.

Cheers!

15. schrage musik

This post no longer applies.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2011
  16. digitalboy1

digitalboy1 Account Suspended

I think that there's going to be a lot of very pissed off Kore owners around the world and that this is going to have some serious repercusions for NI....Perhaps they might want to "re-evaluate" their position on this one before some of their previously dedicated users decide that little exercise is the end of the line of THEIR support for NI....I own many NI products including 2 x Kore 2 ,2 x Komplete 7, many Kore and Kontakt soundpacks - along with 4 Kore 2 controllers and some NI audio interfaces etc etc...We were always told by NI that Kore was the "centre of their universe" ...Well,I for one am feeling pretty disappointed with the way that NI has pulled the plug on what they always considered to be the "core" of the system, so I am seriously looking at removing NI from the centre of my sonic universe ... There are some viable alternatives out there and I have already started exploring the options and converting some of my "core" sounds :) After all - it is a two way street we're walking on and I'm not so happy to hold NI's hand right now :( ajw

PS..I love the 2nd explanation of "repercussion" - "The recoil of something after impact." Here's to you NI :( Watch out for the recoil !

repercussions plural of re·per·cus·sion (Noun)

1. An unintended consequence occurring some time after an event or action, esp. an unwelcome one.
    2. The recoil of something after impact.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.