1. Hi everyone,

Apple just released Logic Pro 10.5 for MacOS 10.15. We found out that Crush Pack, Mod Pack, Replika, and Replika XT will crash.

Our teams are currently working on a fix, and we hope to have this out to you as soon as we can!

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

Kore 2 Funcionality for Komplete 9

Discussion in 'KORE' started by funky primate, Feb 2, 2014.

1. funky primate

funky primate Forum Member

Hello Everyone that can answer this question
    I want to buy komplete 9 in the summertime when I have plenty of money. Does Kore 2 work flawlessly in this update?
    I currently have Komplete 7 and Machine. Also, what are your assumptions on Komplete 10? Do you think Kore2 will have proper functionality on that update (was it properly functioning when Komp 9 came out).
    Thank you

2. nielsdolieslager

nielsdolieslager NI Product Owner

The only problem at the moment is the current version of Absynth. It has new waveforms or something and Kore doesn't understand it anymore, you can't save koresounds with the current version of Absynth, you need to use 5.11 if you use the engine bypass switch.

There's a risk that NI changes FM8, Massive and Reaktor 5 too in a way where Kore can't handle them. Hopefully they go to FM9, Massive 2 and Reaktor 6 soon.

On my OS Kore gets confused between GR4 and GR5. I can open GR5 as AU, save a preset and then Kore says I used GR4 but will open GR5 with the preset.

3. Kymeia

Kymeia NI Product Owner

Support say that's a bug though so hopefully will get fixed, just having new functions or waves shouldn't really make any difference.

4. rick_harrington

rick_harrington New Member

Hey NI!! Wake UP!!!!
    I paid for Kore and Komplete 5 and it did exactly what it was supposed to do. Then to find you're not going to support it anymore.
    I even considered upgrading to Komplete 9 Ultimate only to find I can't keep using Kore.
    You had an excellent product. Now you don't.
    No other manufacturer made a product as good as that and as I see it never will.
    Get your heads our of your asses!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  5. nielsdolieslager

nielsdolieslager NI Product Owner

Almost three years later, still angry customers :)

I agree with you. Kore 2 is the piece of software I use most.

• Like Like x 1
  6. funky primate

funky primate Forum Member

ok well, I guess I will not be upgrading to Komplete 9 or 10 if there are issues with compatability with Kore 2. I seriously use Kore 2 for much of my sound design when I dont do it in Ableton. Thanks for the feedback.

7. CPhoenix

CPhoenix Forum Member

Hey guys...

Figured I'd jump into this thread instead of posting my own. I just got into K9U and Maschine. I'm brand new to NI all together. Maschine's integration is fantastic, and now I just realized that Kore is to K9U as Maschine controller is to Maschine haha. (At least it was!!).

Does anybody know if it at least sort of works with K9U? I'd honestly be a happy camper if Kore only worked with Kontakt and Massive to be honest. I hardly even use Absynth and I use Amplitube over GR5 all day lol. But man... If I could load my Kontakt 5 patches with a controller instead of constantly mousing around.. I'd be in heaven and I'd grab one of these units second hand before the sentence was finished.

Does anybody know if Kore still works with Kontakt 5? If it does... can I load 3rd party libraries too?

8. Kymeia

Kymeia NI Product Owner

Roughly 90% of what is in Komplete 9 (regular) is converted into Koresounds in these threads - that includes the K5 library and Retro Machines

http://www.native-instruments.com/forum/threads/komplete-9-kore-rescue-kit.195717/

http://www.native-instruments.com/forum/threads/kontakt-retro-machines-ii-koresounds.213292/

You can add Kontakt 5 third party libraries too but you would need to do the work of converting them yourself, they are not provided. A lot also depends on whether they have automation params set up, otherwise you might have to do that first but that's a lot of work.

Massive and FM8 it is possible to convert sounds but you have to do it one by one now - I have converted several of my favourite third party Massive and Absynth banks but you would have to get those ksd's from the devs (eg most of Leap into the Void's stuff I have converted, also a lot by TheUnfinished)

This was possible for Absynth too but the last update has a bug that prevents it - hopefully that will get fixed at some point

Reaktor snapshots still batch import but preset format doesn't (but most R5 users make snapshots anyway - presets are for player users mainly)

9. CPhoenix

CPhoenix Forum Member

Oh that's freakin awesome! thank you for the links! I found links in another thread that weren't working for me, these look like they work!

So.. in a nutshell, if I follow these threads, and grab a Kore 2 controller... I should be able to install Kore 2, and use it as a controller to sift through most Kontakt 5 patches, and just convert my third parties on my own to sift through those too... is that right? That's honestly the bigest thing I want to use it for.. I really hate mousing through Kontakt.

Just want to make sure I understand this right, you saved me several hours of searching, so thank you!!

10. CPhoenix

CPhoenix Forum Member

And final question... (since I think i'm understanding how it would work a little better now)...

To make this work.. would I need to make sure I get the original Kore 2 CD installation for the Kore VST? Or would the free Kore player NI has loaded up work for me?

11. Kymeia

Kymeia NI Product Owner

You would need the full Kore 2 software, Player version only loads NI approved libraries. Whether you want to get the hardware is up to you, the software runs without it but the hardware means you can browse and control patches from it, which is cool. Of course you could need to find someone willing to sell it to you as NI no longer sell it themselves (but will still allow people to authorise it)

Just to avoid confusion - the software is the host that runs the plugins and database, it's that you need to load these Koresounds, just the hardware alone isn't enough.

12. CPhoenix

CPhoenix Forum Member

AWESOME... okay, I think i may actually have a seller selling both. That's key.

Thanks a ton for the info! I'll probably test out first with the free player to see if it loads up the standard kontakt library (which would really be a big deal for me in itself), and if that works out well I'll see if i can grab hardware + software from a seller. Thanks a ton, seriously

13. Kymeia

Kymeia NI Product Owner

No the free player won't help you - it doesn't load anything except certain soundpacks that NI released for Kore.

14. CPhoenix

CPhoenix Forum Member

Ohhh okay, gotcha. Okay... thanks a tremendous amount! Looks like i'm in the market for a used Kore + software bundle ;)

15. gnosis123

gnosis123 NI Product Owner

I did the same thing a few months ago (thanks to Kymeia) and it was exactly what I was looking for. My studio is now centered around Kore.

16. Kymeia

Kymeia NI Product Owner

Ha I'm selling more Kore's now that NI did before they ditched it :) They should hire me.

• Like Like x 1
  17. CPhoenix

CPhoenix Forum Member

That's good to hear! Yeah.... I can see myself sticking with Kontakt 5 for a long time (unless CPU useage dramatically improves with an update!

18. jrhillma

jrhillma New Member

Apologies for the forum necromancy...

I'm toying with the idea of picking up a used Kore 2 (with box and software). I have K9U. I'm wondering if the content from any of the Kore Soundpacks is still available, or perhaps it's already covered in K9U and I don't need to bother.

TIA!

19. EvilDragon

EvilDragon Moderator Moderator

20. jrhillma

jrhillma New Member

Thanks for that link; greatly appreciate it!