1. Hi everyone,

Apple just released Logic Pro 10.5 for MacOS 10.15. We found out that Massive X, Crush Pack, Mod Pack, Replika, and Replika XT will crash.

Our teams are currently working on a fix, and we hope to have this out to you as soon as we can!

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

Kore 2 ISO

Discussion in 'KORE' started by JornC, Jan 24, 2014.

1. schrage musik

schrage musik NI Product Owner

Hahaha. :D

2. greggybud

greggybud NI Product Owner

That's my opinion too.

I think it had poor documentation. There is a difference between explaining a function/knob and its parameters vs. explaining how to implement it into your own work methods. Actually IMO the Kore1 manual was better at doing this than the Kore2 manual. The Kore videos were good, but they were released a long while after the initial Kore release. All this really does go back to marketing.

It took a lot of time for me to really learn it and be comfortable using it. Too many times I became distracted with Kore which is really just a tool, and ended up learning the tool...instead of creating music. You can say that about any tool if you don't stay focused, but for myself...Kore was a big distraction for the first few years.

Unfortunately NI saw a much larger void and decided to dedicate resources to Maschine. It didn't help that NI took a few Kore concepts and implemented them half-assed in Maschine and then for the longest time refused to dispel rumors that Maschine was the Kore replacement.

If anyone should continue Kore2 I would hope it is Stephen Schmidt. After all, he is credited with Reaktor and Kore.

Let NI continue to water down Battery, and milk out more maschine presets. They are a very different company than the Reaktor days. They seem to be comfortable contracting with 3rd parties such as Soft Tube and Scarbee, but what impressive home grown tools have NI released in the past few years? A few good Synths that require Reaktor, and more recently Monark complete with it's ridiculous hyped marketing.

I'm using Cubase 7.5 and to be honest, the new and very much improved Groove Agent is streamlining my workflow making Battery like a step-child. Don't get me wrong, I still use Battery3 (Battery4 not very much but it does look pretty) but the tight integration with Groove Agent and Cubase makes working with Battery less. And while Kontakt is their "heritage" product I'm very impressed with the new Halion Sonic in Cubase. Again it is the ease of workflow, integration, and fantastic sounding sounds in Halion therefore making Kontakt a bit more cumbersome...and often something you can't simply use right out of the box without coaxing certain sounds. Ultimately I feel both Kontakt and Hallion work well together, it's just that the new Steinberg products with C7 have become very immediate and easy to work with.

I hope NI has some impressive tools in Komplete 10.

3. loachm

loachm NI Product Owner

...looking at Ableton's Instrument Racks or Reason's Combinators, I guess it could come back in one form or another. I could imagine that it has been discontinued because back then Maschine perhaps couldn't developed further in the demanded direction on Kore's source code. And let's be honest, Kore was really flawed at the beginning and it took quite a long time to fix it to version 2. Considering the success and impact Maschine had, I can understand that it doesn't make much sense to develop two products that go into a similar direction. But since they're attempting to build a more stable and sustainable fundament with Maschine 2 (I'm still on v.1, so I can't comment on v.2 itself) I wouldn't rule it out entirely that some version of Kore could re-emerge within Maschine or based on it. Because Kore's concept makes sense and has proven to be an invaluable production tool. But it is something that needs a DAW/sequencer and, given the speculations I made are true, I could understand that Maschine was preferred. So, I'm still hoping... :)

(Or do a combination of Guitar Rig & Kore - I don't care as long there'll be something to fill that gap...)

4. loachm

loachm NI Product Owner

5. nielsdolieslager

nielsdolieslager NI Product Owner

Neat, but not so different from Plogue Bidule. Haven't tried automation in Bidule though.

6. Jxff

Jxff NI Product Owner

I have been a NI user for many years and I bought KORE after seeing it at NAMM. I haven't used it in years but I am setting up a 32 bit XP system to use my old VSTs from IK that I enjoy. After reading this post I thought I might incorporate KORE and a version of Komplete. I own versions 2,3,6, & 8. I would appreciate any suggestions on using the KORE 1 controller. My main questions are... can I use KORE 2 and I will likely be using Komplete 6 with it, as I use Komplete 8 already with Maschine on a separate systems in my studio.

Thanks! Jxff

7. Kymeia

Kymeia NI Product Owner

http://www.native-instruments.com/forum/showthread.php?195717-Komplete-9-Kore-rescue-kit

8. Jxff

Jxff NI Product Owner

Thanks Kymeia, just noticed on another post you followed up on the latest KORE 1 driver release. I have a Windows 8.1 laptop with Komplete 8 and it has USB 3.0 ports. I as soon as I dig out my KORE 1 controller I am going to give it a shot. Very happy to hear my KORE has some mileage left in it.

9. funky primate

funky primate Forum Member

Yeah, Kore 2 is thee instrument to have for keyboard players, but double amazing to have for sound design. Once I learned how to weild this instrument to its full potential I was amazed at the power it has compared to other software in the market.

10. nielsdolieslager

nielsdolieslager NI Product Owner

Do you only have Kore 1? I'm not sure Kore 1 can open Kore 2 sounds. There are koresounds for everything in Komplete 6 in the user download area if you have Kore 2.