Kore 2 & Komplete 6

Discussion in 'KORE' started by Lui-g, Sep 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lui-g

Lui-g New Member

The Komplete 6 box states that:

"configured for Kore 2 - The next generation workstation
    Kore 2 and Komplete 6 are synergized for total, intuitive control of your sounds..."

So can anyone tell me how to get the Kontakt 4 sounds to show up in Kore 2?

I can see all the Komplete 5 sounds, and even Reaktor 5, but can't get the Kontakt 4 sounds to show up.

I've added numerous directories to the Kore 2 preference panel to no avail.

Help!

Thanks,
    Lui-g

2. ew

ew Moderator Moderator

The .ksds for Kontakt 4 haven't been made available yet- the official release date's not for another week, after all.

ew

3. cannibal000

cannibal000 NI Product Owner

Uhm, yes but the stuff arrived here... So it is released for me, full stop. I don't care about "official" release date, I can't remember ordering a beta or pre-release...

This time we have a huge "Integrates in Kore" (or whatever) sign on the Box. If again we need a non-documented download that is not distributed via ServiceCenter is seriously question the soberness of the people responsible for Kore2/Komplete integration. :)

4. JasonSpatola

JasonSpatola Forum Member

How very odd! Just as I was reading this, my copy of Komplete 6 arrived. WTF!

5. f.zoll

f.zoll Forum Member

i talked to the suport yesterday. it will need an update, they can`t say when it will arrive.

what i forgot to ask if this issiue is only for kontakt 4.
    because i did not manage to show up guitar rig4 ksds in kore 2.

anyway - i am not too disappointed about that.
    at the moment my kore browser shows up more than 10.000 sounds.
    itwill take a lifetime to hear all of them, so i can wait for a few days to getanother 100 sounds showing up...

6. cannibal000

Same for me... It's just odd.

7. cannibal000

Update: Absynth 5 sounds show up. Didn't see Absynth 4 dupes yet. Wow! :)

8. nickjones26

nickjones26 New Member

Had the same problem with Absynth 4 and Absynth 3 sounds

I wasn't able to see Absynth 4 or 3 sounds either after installing Absynth 5 from Komplete 6.... but if I load Absynth 5 into Kore as a VST, I can play the Absynth 4 sounds (for example "A Beautiful Place").

I am using 64 bit and had to copy the shared sounds from program files to program files (x86) and all that and then Absynth 5 showed up, but no Absynth 4 or 3 sounds. Also, if I say "load file" and point to an Abysnth 4 sound (again "a beautiful place" as an example.) the .ksd file will load, but then there will be a big yellow question mark in the actual sound matrix.

I uninstalled and reinstalled Kore at least 5 times now and it still didn't work. With Komplete 5 I had no issues.

Please help.

Nick

9. ew

ew Moderator Moderator

Welcome =)

Make sure you're loading from the Absynth 5 .ksd folder, and not the Absynth 4 folder.

ew

10. nickjones26

nickjones26 New Member

Thanks for the welcome.

The way that it's laid out is that there are .ksds in the Absynth 4 folder inside of the Absynth 5 folder.

How do I make sure the Absynth 4 and Absynth 3 sounds get added to the database? Again, I had no problem with that with Absynth 4 or Komplete 5 and I have old projects that make extensive use of Kore and want to make sure that they all open correctly without the yellow question mark.

Any help would be fantastically appreciated! :)

P.S. I just tried Kore 2 out in the rehearsal space with my band (Room 101) and it was like a new universe opened up. I had my Yamaha foot controller integrated in performance mode working like a charm and can now retire my Motif rack unit.

11. ew

ew Moderator Moderator

You're right- I just tried it. The Absynth 3 and 4 sounds in the Absynth 5 library will be loaded by Absynth 4 with Kore. I'll report it.

The workaround? Just load Absynth 5 into Kore and load the patches from the browser.

ew

12. nickjones26

nickjones26 New Member

Another Workaround

FYI The same problem happened in Komplete 6 with the FM8 and some of Massive's sounds particularly the "3 oct sub bass".

Another workaround is that I uninstalled Komplete 6 and then installed Komplete 5. Absynth 4 and all that goes with it appeared without a problem. Tonight I'm going to install Absynth 5, Guitar Rig 4, and Kontakt 4 and see what happens.

Thanks for reporting the issue to support.

-Nick

13. chrisgoughstuff

chrisgoughstuff New Member

Message to NI: Hey there. I'm a Kore 2 owner and a Komplete 5 owner. And I have a copy of Komplete 6 sat waiting for me to install it. So far so nice.

Just wanted to state my unuterrable disappointment that - as the above posts show - NI STILL can't get Kore 2 and Komplete working perfectly together out of the box.

I struggled forever with K5 and Kore 2 and ksds not appearing and history is repeating.

And they even had the nerve to say ON THE BOX that 'Kore 2 and Komplete 6 are synergized for total control. Use Kore 2 to access any sound of the full Komplete package within seconds'. Sorry guys this is lies and if I'm being a real pedant, against the law.

So, Please PLEASE can you:
    a) Put a fix on the Service Center ASAP that puts all the K6 Kore Sounds into Kore 2. Without any dupes and without any entries for plugs NOT included in K6 (ie, the 'fix' we had to endure for K5s sounds put in all the Kore sounds for Kontakt 2 as well as 3, resulting in a thousand silent sounds...

And b) DO NOT make such stupid mistakes again. You have a terrible rep for testing and patching - Kore being the 'king' of this lack of communication between your departments. No Kontakt 4 sounds in Kore 2? Are you kidding me? Did you guys not try K6, Kontakt 4 and Kore 2 before you shipped? Do you not have a copy? Please have a large company meeting and FIX your lines of communication. (And kick some ass).

So. Please. Looking forward to the inevitable Komplete 7: Make all the Kore sounds appear in Kore first time without any messing around. Or I'm never buying an NI product again.

In the meantime I'm going to wait with my boxed K6 until I get an assurance on this thread that a K6 Koresounds patch is ready and it works without any further f-ups.

Thanks.

14. Dionisio

Dionisio New Member

I agree, I installed for first time Kore 2 and Komplete 6 today and it's too messy...

I am starting to doubt on the quality of these products. Cant' loose 2 days from my job only to set and make these 2 SW work together. (I am not even sure if everything is still ok).

These are professional products, you can't pubblish things like that. The installation should be WORRIES FREE!

Having greating sounds it's not enough; you should ASAP produce the fix that puts everything in the right place.

Thanks in advance for hearing us.

Dionisio -

15. urbster1

urbster1 New Member

Ugh. This whole update process leaves me with a bad taste in my mouth.

When are we going to get an upgrade for Kore 2 with the newest built-in engines (GR4, Kontakt 4, Absynth 5) included? What about multi-core support? What about software 64-bit support? We have been asking for these things for at least a year! There is already a working 64-bit driver for the hardware! What are you waiting for? Are these even being tested in development yet?

Why wasn't an update for Kore 2 ready to go when Komplete 6 was released? I didn't buy new software so that I could continue using the old versions. :angry: All I want is for someone at NI to say "Yes, we hear you and we are listening, and we will improve our support for next time!"

16. Aykey

Aykey Forum Member

Did someone found a way to import all the complete 6 sounds into kore 2 yet?

I would be really thankful cuz i couldn't get it to work.

I bought Kore 2 today and was all hyped up to use it with all the complete 6 products (which i installed yesterday) but now after one hour of trying i can't see any light at the end of the tunnel...it doesn't work.

The guide book of kore 2 has 1-2 pages about "incorporating external vsts" but nothing about actually importing the vst sounds...

In the options you can scan the vst folders, i've already done that...the folder with the dll's in it and all the sample librarys of the complete 6 vsts...but nothing works. It couldn't find/add one single sound.

17. ew

ew Moderator Moderator

1) Uncheck the box that says "hide unavailable sounds" in the options/database page of Kore
    2) Do a full scan from that page.

At the present, there won't be .ksds for Kontakt 4 and GR4; those will come shortly. The rest either use .ksds natively (Absynth, FM8 and Massive) or are covered by the older Komplete .ksd installer (Reaktor and Battery).

ew

18. chrisgoughstuff

chrisgoughstuff New Member

Hey EW. Tell them to do a proper fix. And give us a shout back when it's done. Until then, I ain't touching it. Cheers. (And if you could kick the ass of the guy who failed to put all the K6 ksds into Kore 2 too, that'd be great).

19. Aykey

Aykey Forum Member

Shits looks just bugged...half of the sounds that kore searched for me (after 1 hour of finding out how its done properly) don't work...some random sounds with names like "pad 1" or something like that...and if you find one that actually works, you can't modulate it...shouldn't i be able to morph modulate every complete 6?

I think this and a user-friendly interface with flawless incorporation of complete 6 and kore is all promised on the box cover of kore 2 and complete 6.

I don't see that actually...i see a big mess with bugs and random files which are now added in the browser but nothing is working.

I'm a big fan of NI...but not having hotfix patches prepared for the release date is just unacceptable...this makes you look like you didn't even test the software before selling it.

20. ew

ew Moderator Moderator

What proper fix?

The Komplete 4&5 .ksd pack will give you Battery and Reaktor; uncheck the unused apps in the installer. The Kontakt content update released this morning adds the Kontakt .ksds. Absynth, FM8 and Massive use .ksds natively- they're already there. The only ones missing are the ones for GR4- they'll be along shortly.

ew

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.