Kore 2 midi control templates

Discussion in 'KORE' started by 33tetragammon, Aug 18, 2009.

1. mattavish

mattavish NI Product Owner

does anybody have a working version of the ableton mackie template? it works for a little while in live 9 and then doesn't. similar to the way the maschine template used to until that was fixed. it's pretty frustrating.

2. tbcarey

tbcarey NI Product Owner

Traktor 2 Template

Attached is my template for Traktor 2 Pro.

The controller template should be imported the usual way via Controller Editor, whilst the TSI file should be imported to Traktor 2's internal Controller Manager.

The first page is Advanced FX, which is similar to the default Kore template in Traktor, but the layout is slightly more intuitive. As with the original template, Modifier 1 switches FX 1 between selecting FX types and controlling the level of FX, as well as switching the jog dial between controlling track selection in the browser or changing the main volume level.

Page 2 is the mixer and allows control of high, midhi, midlo, and lo (make sure your EQ type is set to Xone in the mixer settings). You can also turn on/off FX1 and FX2 for both decks, as well as Sync. The Kill EQ button is a toggle for killing any EQ type entirely by touching the respective knob, and touching it again to turn it back on. Modifier 1 is also on this page for the jog wheel.

Page 3 controls the decks and allows you to turn looping on and off, set cue points, and jump forward to the next cue point. The knobs allow you to inc/dec loop size, move size, to move backwards/forwards between cue points, and to play from a cue point by touching the last knob.

Page 4 is nearly identical to Page 1 and controls all the same parameters for FX, except that Buttons 2 - 4 are gates for the FX instead of on/off toggles, allowing you to press them repeatedly to gate an effect.

Hopefully this helps some people get more use out of the Kore controller in Traktor 2. I would recommend checking out the Controller Manager/Editor side-by-side to get a better idea of all the mapped parameters, but feel free to ask questions if you have any.

Attached Files:

3. oodoodsiin

oodoodsiin NI Product Owner

Hey. Since NI decided to be really great guys and remove all old attachments, does anyone have an archive of all the good MIDI templates?
    Someone like Kymeia for example ;)

4. Kymeia

Kymeia NI Product Owner

Sorry no never really used them.

5. Kymeia

Kymeia NI Product Owner

I know this is an old thread but I recently got Reason and am trying to find a way for Kore to control it, in particular I am interested in controlling devices - this one controls the Combinator well (even though it was for Record) but I also want to be able to do things like control the macro knobs in Parsec and other synths. Is there a way to add pages to this template? I can do the over ride Remote mapping and map knobs individually to devices but as soon as I change patch the mapping is lost which is pretty useless. I want something I can setup once and forget.

6. joe_b

joe_b NI Product Owner

Could you please edit the opening post to contain a list of the available templates with links to the posts? also it would be good to have 2 sections for kore 1 controller and kore 2 controller.

Thanks!

7. oodoodsiin

oodoodsiin NI Product Owner

Made a new mackie control template for Ableton.

Attached Files:

8. Zo-Lee

Zo-Lee New Member

Dear Kore 2 Users!
    I want to use my Kore 2 controller as a midi controller in the sequencer but not with the Kore vst plugin. It has the Massive, Pro53 midi controller templates, but I need for FM8 and Absynth too, which are not in the default templates in the Controller Editor. How (and what?) can I import to get these? .ksc files are not importable into Controller Editor.