Kore 2 Worth it in 2020

Discussion in 'KORE' started by Junkmanukuk, Sep 9, 2020.

1. Junkmanukuk

Junkmanukuk New Member

Hi

Ive been offered the Kore 2 Hardware for £45 in P&P but wondering if it is still worth buying?

Thanks

2. wetdentist

wetdentist NI Product Owner

i would make sure the software comes with it

3. MartinHines

MartinHines NI Product Owner

Even if you have a license to the KORE software, I don't think it is worth it, given Native Instruments dropped Kore support and development years ago.

4. EvilDragon

EvilDragon Moderator Moderator

There's still plenty of cool things you can do with Kore. Especially if you're on Windows, because once Mac moves completely to ARM, it's likely that is the end of the road for Kore on Mac.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Paule

Paule NI Product Owner

Are you sure Mac moves to ARM?
    ARM is just sold to nVidia.

6. EvilDragon

Yes it's already been announced over a month ago. Doesn't matter if ARM is sold to nVidia, ARM is a CPU architecture, as well as a company.

7. Vovique

Vovique New Member

EvilDragon, is it still possible to activate Kore on Windows after dropped support for legacy products? My PC died, but I'm so used to my old Kore sounds.

8. EvilDragon

Yes. Kore 2 can still be activated through Native Access AFAIK.

9. Paule

Paule NI Product Owner

… and Kore player too?

10. EvilDragon

Actually, not sure. I don't have its installer to check...

11. dickie001x

dickie001x NI Product Owner

Yes.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Colin_goz211

Colin_goz211 NI Product Owner

I was going to start a new thread but the question is related to this one. Yes for me Kore would still useful in 2020 - if I can get it running again.

I miss Acoustic Refractions but that was Kore (I had the original Kore 1 with audio) on a much older Windows PC running XP.

I'm now on a Win 10 Core i5 with hard drive and two SSDs, I'd be grateful for any info about getting the Kore software to run on this - I still see "Kore 2 supplement" and the Acoustic Refractions packs listed in my user download area. Will that be enough on it's own? My audio interface is now an Audient iD4.

Can it be done?

Thanks in advance for any help or guidance.

13. EvilDragon

I have Kore 2 running no problem on W10 here... You should also be able to see Kore 2 ISO for download in your account. Just DL that, install, authorize through Native Access, get latest update and driver available from legacy updates.

14. Colin_goz211

Cheers for the reply. I see you're a moderator on here - I'm using your click sounds in my DAW metronome - got them on another forum - thanks, must better than the beep (much better).

Yes the ISO file there (Kore 2 as a supplement), Mac on the left, PC on the right.

I can't get it to DL when I click it. I've updated Native Access in case it was an issue (no).

Any ideas?

Something else - I remember seeing elsewhere that you're a Pianoteq user like me - I've been a Bluthner fan since I got it a few versions back. Still loving the Bluthner but looking for one that's maybe more detailed for headphone practise - are you still a Grotian fan?

15. EvilDragon

Hummm, I don't see "supplement" anywhere, it's like this:

upload_2020-12-2_13-55-47.png

And it downloads just fine over here...

Actually these days more of an Ant. Petrof and Steingräber fan. :)

16. Colin_goz211

I'll give the Petrof another go. I had it down to the Grotian or the Steingraber (I liked the E272).

I have exactly the same showing as your screenshot above. The word "supplement" is on the page before that where it lists products and serial numbers "KORE 2 Update as Supplement". I'd upload a screenshot but it's got all my serial numbers on it. How is your KORE 2 product listed on the page before you get to that one you sent as a screenshot - do you have the word Supplement or is it listed some other way?

17. EvilDragon

No, it just says Kore 2...

18. Colin_goz211

Ok thanks - I'll contact support and see if they can figure it out.

19. Colin_goz211

UPDATE

NI Support got back very promptly - very straightforward, they don't support KORE any more - and then another email to say the request for support had now been solved.

Now I'm laughing as I write this - not annoyed. Full marks for promptness and clarity.

THOUGHTS:
    I get a lot of help searching forums - so in case anyone with a similar issues finds this post, here's my take on the situation:

I was an early adaptor of KORE, I had the KORE 1 hardware with audio (which I used).
    The serial number is still showing in my product area - but there's no download option.
    I updated to KORE 2 (not the hardware, just the software) and purchased multiple packs.
    There's a "KORE 2 update as supplement" with a different serial number showing and a DL option.
    All of the soundpacks I remember purchasing are there with serial numbers and DL options.
    I think the issue is that I was an UPGRADER from KORE 1.
    I don't think there's a way to get it running on my newer Win 10 laptop.
    I don't have the KORE 2 software showing, just the update. That may have been how it was organised at the time.

I owned lots of KORE soundpacks - really loved the real time audio morphing.

EvilDragon - thanks for the help.
    NI Support, no hard feelings, your email responses "we no longer support this" and the follow up "solved" made me laugh.

20. EvilDragon

You should definitely be able to run Kore 2 on W10 (I do this just fine). You just need the full installer ISO. Lemme see what I can do on my side...

• Like Like x 1