Kore and Komplete 3 Activation in 2020

Discussion in 'KORE' started by Mike@MPMProd, Aug 19, 2020.

1. Mike@MPMProd

Mike@MPMProd New Member

So, has anyone had success in activating legacy discontinued products? I have a dual boot all set up with Win7 and WinXP and I need to get back up and running. I only really use FM7, Pro53, Elektrik Piano, B4II and Guitar Rig - but they are a big part of my sound arsenal and have been. It would be nice to have the other Komplete 3 products available, too. I only spent a few hundred dollars on NI gear and software but I spent months researching what to buy and months getting comfortable with the new workflow and all.

I use the Kore 1 controller and love(d) it with Komplete 3.

Has anyone been able to get an offline activation code from support?

2. EvilDragon

EvilDragon Moderator Moderator

Offline activation is not available for a few years now. Service Center is discontinued too so it isn't available for activating FM7, GR older than version 4, Kore 1. Elektrik Piano will work inside Kontakt but you need version 5.6.8 at least.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2020
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Mike@MPMProd

Mike@MPMProd New Member

"Please let me know if you know for a fact that I can receive valid activation return files if I send "activation request" files directly to technical support.
    If so would there still be the May 31 deadline for doing that?"

Thanks,
    I saw the offline activation request this morning so this is definitely possible. You should receive it back today via email..
    Matt @ NI, May 27, 2020

4. Matt @ NI

Matt @ NI NI Team NI Team

Offline activation was not officially available for a few years but we were processing manual request until May 31st 2020.
    Unfortunately, we are no longer able to offer it now.

5. Mike@MPMProd

Mike@MPMProd New Member

I believe that both the Komplete 3 suite of instruments and Kore 1 will work fine on the Windows 7 platform in compatibility mode. B4II, PRO53 and Guitar Rig have no issues. Native Instruments could regain a world of trust and goodwill by adding the older legacy products to the Native Access list. "Obligation" was the one word that stood out for me reading the EULA.

It would be worth $100 to me to get activated again.

6. Mike@MPMProd

Mike@MPMProd New Member

Funny, I never once worried about Native Instruments deliberately "end of life-ing" my products. Everyone knows we don't need support - just activation.
    Should Native Instruments for whatever reasons no longer be able to fulfill its obligations to deliver the activation key, it will provide the Licensee with a key which ensures the continued use of the software independent of changes of the computer.

7. EvilDragon

EvilDragon Moderator Moderator

Unfortunately they never seemed to have created that key which would work for people, apparently. Hindsight is 20/20.

Also I bet lawyers would have a field trip here where you have a new EULA you accept to by simply logging into Native Access, which seems to trump any older EULA and so on...

8. Kubrak

Kubrak NI Product Owner

In that case NI should provide perpetual offline activation.