Kore Pack Vouchers; help me decide!

Discussion in 'KORE' started by BIF, Jul 8, 2011.

1. NunoF

NunoF Forum Member

Hi Lowkus

Sorry but I have transient attacks and reactor in Komplete. I'd be interested in synthetic drums, but not much else....

2. organica

organica New Member

I have three coupons burning a hole in my email client.

Just downloaded North India, and planning to get either Urban Arsenal or Urban Arsenal 2.

Anyone got any recommendation which one to go for?

I'm interested in the basics: drums and bass. Generally favour sounds which cut thru a mix and are maybe a bit electronic, rather than subtler acoustic-type sounds.

3. BlackImpact

BlackImpact Forum Member

Thank you Zummooz. I can'tsend a PM due to my post count.

4. Lowkus

Lowkus NI Product Owner

Anti-impressed with Massive Expansion Vol2. The sounds are very simple, many being oscillators with no filtering or special envelopes or anything. Sliding the grid in Kore barely changes the sounds. This is the work of amateurs, not professional sound designers. I feel like NI just stole $60 from me.

5. theoryzero

theoryzero NI Product Owner

Sorry to hear it was a dud for you, but thanks for sharing your experience for the rest of us.

6. BlackImpact

BlackImpact Forum Member

If anybody still has any vouchers they haven't used, please contact me. I still need:
    BEST OF MASSIVE
    URBAN ARSENAL
    URBAN ARSENAL 2
    SYNTHETIC DRUMS RELOADED

7. Zummooz

Zummooz Forum Member

No worries at all, hope all worked out for ya & enjoy ! :D

8. BIF

BIF NI Product Owner

I've been thinking of picking up Urban Arsenal and Urban Arsenal 2. The compilation packs came with some sounds from both and they seem really useful to me. I'm not at all into hip hop but some of these samples, drums and "other" seem to be very useful for other genres maybe even better than hip hop.

But for both, we're talking about $110 US (I've used up all my vouchers). And I'm wondering if now I should just cut my losses and be happy with my 11 or 12 Kore packs and start exploring other options further.

Need to decide shortly so that I can get the purchase and downloads completed before the deadline.

Opinions?

9. nielsdolieslager

nielsdolieslager NI Product Owner

I wouldn't do it, unless you plan to freeze your system to keep Kore. I don't have them, it always seemed a lot of money and I preferred the sounds in the Massive only packs.

10. theoryzero

theoryzero NI Product Owner

I know what you mean, I was surprised that the Urban Arsenal sounds ended up seeming like they would be applicable to more than just hip hop. Urban Arsenal 1 & 2 also include about 70-80 Massive sounds each. That said, I ended up passing on them. I got the following with my vouchers and I'm pretty happy: Deep Freq, Deep Transformations, Reaktor Animated Circuits, Sonic Fiction, and North India.

If I were you I'd save the money for Komplete 8 or something else. Some of the Urban Arsenal sample-based synth content is in Kontakt 4 according to the Kontakt 4 manual. I'm holding out hope that some of the Urban Arsenal content shows up in a future release of Komplete. Indeed, I have Komplete Sound Vol. 1 and aside from the Battery Kits and the B4 Tonewheels set, the remaining 5 soundpacks from that collection had been absorbed into the Reaktor, Absynth, and FM8 libraries.

If you insist on getting one, I'd pick up Urban Arsenal 2. I saw about a dozen copies of Urban Arsenal 1 in my local Guitar Center yesterday, it shouldn't be too difficult to pick up a physical copy of that somewhere in the next month or so. That'd give you enough time to see if you really need it rather than being rushed into a snap decision.

11. clementshawes

clementshawes Forum Member

Pretty gutted that I didn't pull it off to afford North India...
    I only learned of this soundpack after getting the money together to afford Sonic Fiction pre-deadline.
    Wish I could turn back time a little now :-(

12. BIF

BIF NI Product Owner

Naaaah, don't worry about it. There will be many other opportunities, whether for Native Instruments or for software from another vendor.

And I did not buy the Urban Arsenal packs. If I can't make good music with what I already have, then it's my own lackings, not a shortfall in my admittedly already-ample sample and sounds libraries.

13. nielsdolieslager

nielsdolieslager NI Product Owner

Agreed. And they already repacked retro machines, even though all the samples are in Kontakt already. They made African Drums for Kontakt, North India will follow.