KORE patches

Discussion in 'KORE' started by Kymeia, Jun 8, 2006.

1. Kymeia

Kymeia NI Product Owner

Lets do something positive for KORE - we know there's problems but they shouldn't stop us making sounds. Here's a patch from Big Tick's wonderful Rhino 2 - you can use it as a template for making other Rhino patches - all I've done is create a custom page mapped 1:1 to Rhino's own Easy Edit page - it has just the same amount of sliders and buttons as KORE and responds really well to the KORE hardware touch :)

http://www.fingermarks.co.uk/music/Windchimes_KSD.zip

Just load it and then everytime you change presets in Rhino save them as a KORE sound and it will create a bank of Sounds each with the same custom mappings.

Maybe this thread could be a sticky for others to post templates for VSTi's too?

2. krugger

krugger Forum Member

I posted a similar request few weeks ago and I think I didn't explain myself well then.
    I was complaining about the fact that the whole KORE forum is packed with bugs, complaints, *****ing, threats (!) etc.

While I understand the need for some of them, the main idea of KORE has been completely ditched and that is to share Sounds based on popular synths.

So yeah, hopefully we'll all start flooding the forum with Sounds until we'll need a separate area for them only.

Oh cheer up, will ya!
    Kr.

3. Kymeia

Kymeia NI Product Owner

Updated to include the FX page too (using 2 custom pages) and also a button to Bypass FX.

I don't think its realistic to map anything else - best to pick out the controls that have the most direct impact on sound sculpturing and make them more accesible. I've tried to follow the layout of Rhino and map it to KORE's layout as faithfully and ergonomically as possible.

A couple of buttons I'd have liked to have mapped (like the swap fx one) didn't work - don't know why - KORE just ignores them when I use Assign.

4. ew

ew Moderator Moderator

Thanks for that, Kymeia :)

I was going to do a template for Rhino but I just haven't had time.

I've been working on .ksds for my various Reaktor ensembles- they'll be released either in the KORE library (if NI decides to do one) or in the Reaktor user library along with the updated ensembles. I've got a couple other KORE projects going on that'll please most of you when they're done.

ew

5. Kymeia

Kymeia NI Product Owner

I think there should be a user area but I doubt that this will happen until some of the problems are sorted so in the meantime I think we should share stuff here - at least to keep some interest and not allow ourselves to get overwhelmed by the negativity (unless NI choose to set one up in response to this if it takes off).

So anyone got anymore?

6. Kymeia

Kymeia NI Product Owner

For any Exciton 2 users who also have KORE - here's another .ksd file to use as a template for presets creation. It has mapped knobs and buttons for almost every useful parameter for live use - a page for OSCS, Mixer, Filters, Envelope, LFO's and Effects plus controls for shared functions like portamento and volume. I've tried to make the layout as ergonomic as possible so it facilitates better workflow and intuitive tweaking.

http://www.fingermarks.co.uk/music/Exciton2_KSD.zip

Another synth that lends itself well to KORE's hardware style treatment and high resolution controls.

7. Kymeia

Kymeia NI Product Owner

I've made a KORE Sound .ksd template for Camel Audio's Cameleon 5000 now too. Anyone with KORE can use this as a template for creating your own KORE Sound patches using Cameleon - just open it and then resave it with a new name everytime you load or make a new Cameleon patch and each Sound will retain all the mappings I've set up using KORE's hi resolution hardware Knobs and Buttons. I've set up pages for the functions I tend to use most live - there's no point in mapping every single parameter to the controls as it just leads to endless scrolling through pages - I've created mappings for the most commonly used functions that affect the sound when played live and in a logical order that's set up as ergonomically as possible to facilitate efficient workflow and intuitive playing.

http://www.fingermarks.co.uk/music/Cameleon_KSD.zip

Pages for the Easy and Effects pages in Cameleon and also buttons for all the randomisers and on/off switches.

8. ew

ew Moderator Moderator

I think that's a great idea...done.

ew

9. Kymeia

Kymeia NI Product Owner

Cool - possibly one coming for Sytrus later if I can find a more ergonomic way to map some of the more mouse-centric parameters.

10. Kymeia

Kymeia NI Product Owner

Damn - no point in doing the Sytrus one yet - just came back to work on the patch I was making last night and noticed the Sound I saved yesterday is playing the default patch, not the one I saved it with. This means Sytrus 2 is another of those synths whose patch handling doesn't work properly with KORE - another for the bug list.

11. riley4reason

riley4reason NI Product Owner

Dang! I have Sytrus 2 and that would have been cool to line up with Kore.
    Do you have any of these?
    WusikStation
    ManyStation
    Dimension Pro
    Superwave bundle
    Toxic II and III line up pretty good on their own.
    Directwave
    All the FL6 XXL vsts

Thanks! Riley

12. Kymeia

Kymeia NI Product Owner

I'll have a go at WStation - the others I don't have (well I have the DXi of Dimension (not Pro) and the Orion version of Toxic but they don't count.

13. Kymeia

Kymeia NI Product Owner

14. ew

ew Moderator Moderator

OK... I'll jump in.

While I'm waiting for my Tera 3 upgrade to get here, I've been playing around with miniTERA (it's a freebie for all registered T3 users, discounted for Cube and Cantor users and 89 Euros for those who don't have any of the above- Christiane was nice enough to give me my miniTERA link before my T3 upgrade showed up)

miniTERA

KORE will give you the x/ys and nothing else; I've added everything except for volume and pan (use the normal mixer page for that). This includes the 8D morph time, fx pages, the arp, tuning, pitchbend range, etc.

Have fun :)

ew

15. sleen

sleen NI Product Owner

16. Moker

Moker NI Product Owner

I'm a bit surprised no-one seems to be doing these patches - I have ones for Tone 2 Firebird, Octopus, Ironhead. Does anyone have one for Z3ta? I can upload the ones for the above if anyone's interested?

17. Kymeia

Kymeia NI Product Owner

Please do - thanks

I suspect the reason why many people are holding off is that the latest release of KORE seems to be rather inconsistent in how well it saves user pages and mappings - at least that's what I am finding. Sometimes I can save a load of mappings and they are lost when I reopen - very frustrating. So I'm holding off from making more till it's a bit more stable - I think a new version is on the way.

18. Djeff06

Djeff06 NI Product Owner

Hello

Your sound is searching for a "Cameleon5000" plug in.
    On my MAc I have CA5000 1.7 (vst and AU)

so the sound doesn't open...

19. Kymeia

Kymeia NI Product Owner

Not sure what to do about that as I made it on the windows VST version. I have no idea why it would be different.

20. Moker

Moker NI Product Owner