Kore Player produces no sound

Discussion in 'Technical Issues' started by Lomacar, May 22, 2020.

1. Lomacar

Lomacar NI Product Owner

I can't get Kore Player to make any sound as standalone or VST.

Here is the backstory. I still have songs that use the free Kore Player. My main machine, a desktop, is in another country and I don't know when I can return there now. I tried loading up some old projects on my laptop and Kore gave me hassles because it wasn't actually installed and registered. So I managed to do that. (Just before NI kills the ability to activate it ever again apparently. :(:mad::thumbsdown:) And now it loads without complaint and I can select patches and I can see MIDI coming in, but no matter what I try I can't get it to make a sound. What is up with that?! I'm on Windows 10.

2. Blindeddie

Blindeddie NI Product Owner

Works fine here for me on Win 10, all your audio routing set up properly in Standalone? That of course would not explain it not working as a VST...

3. Paule

Paule NI Product Owner

Lomacar, if you set in your second desktop try first the standalone version - always at NI software do that.
    After setting the right audio connections slip in VSTi in your actual daw.

4. Lomacar

Lomacar NI Product Owner

I can't understand what you are saying to do.

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Lomacar

Lomacar NI Product Owner

Like I said, I looked at everything and tried all I could. As a VST other plugins work fine, including other NI products. I'm wondering if Kore is getting too old and becoming incompatible with modern things somehow. My laptop is 4 or 5 years old though. I don't have a proper sound card for it with dedicated ASIO drivers. I usually use the FL Studio ASIO drivers, but I also tried just using Windows sound or DirectSound or whatever and Kore still doesn't work.

6. Dj mk5

Dj mk5 New Member

hi, same problem here.
    i made a track years ago with kore player.
    managed to find it back, install the vst, all fine, midi signal is on but absolutely no sound...
    just don't know what to do next