kore1.1- komplete4 - new synths don't work

Discussion in 'Technical Issues' started by dubmaster 69, Nov 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dubmaster 69

dubmaster 69 Forum Member

1 big prob with new kore:
    Have komplete 4 win incl. the new updates installed and can see all new presets in kore browser but they are all greyed out. Only the old abynth3, fm7.. work. Checked the directory structure but seems o.k. (same for old and new).

Any idea?

2. kong balong

kong balong NI Product Owner

can you load the new plugins directly? the sounds are greyed out in the browser if it doesn't think you have the plugin

-craig

3. anorganik

anorganik NI Product Owner

Set one VSTplugins folder in the KORE options, where all of your Native Instruments plugins are installed, maybe you have separated
    the Komplete4's VSTplugin dll's to another folder when you installed
    the pack. Also you can click on "Rebuild DB" on the KORE's Options/Database tab....

4. ellis

ellis NI Product Owner

I had the same problem. I left my computer while it was scanning (because it takes so long). When I returned my db had stopped updating for some reason and there were only a few active sounds (black) in my browser--others were greyed out. When I launched one of the active sounds, the db started the update again, and later (much later) all of my sounds were there. Very odd, but perhaps the db stopped as a result of my computer going into sleep mode when I left it. Try updating your db again if you haven't done so already.

5. dubmaster 69

dubmaster 69 Forum Member

problem partly resolved.

I made a plugin rescan in kore and now I have the synths again but can't use the new multis. Kore says "..couldn't restore preset xx in channel xy.." .

Hope this helps

6. ellis

ellis NI Product Owner

It isn't you--many of us have this problem--it was posted somewhere that an update would be coming to correct this issue. I was quite disappointed when this happened, but of course I am so appreciative that we have this forum to check before we spend countless hours trouble-shooting issues that we can't correct because of glitches in the software.

7. umanoid

umanoid NI Product Owner

im running into the similar issues.The factory content update is greyed out while all the new synths and presets do show up in the browser.My kore has crawled to an unusable halt though.Its now even more painfully slow to load and preview a sound or even open a folder of presets.Im getting crazy cpu spikes ...Kore is using 25-50%cpu just by being open. This sucks. I'm goingto try and update kore again to see if it helps..I updated it first and then installed komplete 4?maybe that was a problem.I have rebuilt the database but to no effect.
    I've also noticed my set of synthetic drums 2 isn't showing up yet which i updated as well.

8. Henning @ NI

Henning @ NI NI Team NI Team

if you have installed the latest updates for fm8, massive and battery 3, this problem should only occur with sounds that use absynth.

an absynth 4 update that fixes this issue will be available very soon. sorry for the inconvenience!

best, henning

9. umanoid

umanoid NI Product Owner

I spent most of my day yesterday doing installs and NI upgrades. i have spent most of my day today debugging kore and komplete4. Thats two days not making music but playing systems admin. I did manage to get kore to finally see the new 1.1 sounds...After reinstalling the update and rebuilding the database and plugins.
    I'm still getting ridiculous spikes and hits on the cpu though. My cpu utility tells me that im getting cpu hits twice what kore is telling me.very odd.

10. ellis

ellis NI Product Owner

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.