Last stable MacOSX for running Kore2? Setting up new Mac

Discussion in 'KORE' started by Citizen, Feb 5, 2021.

1. jondl_2000

jondl_2000 NI Product Owner

Because you're trying to update the distribution file *in the .dmg* - drag the Installer to to the desktop where it will become editable and your change can than be saved.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Citizen

Citizen NI Product Owner

Thanks for that.

DL'd Native Access, only to find this:

Attached Files:

3. Citizen

Citizen NI Product Owner

Fun and games. Hopefully upgrading to 10.12 won't kill my Albino functionality.

Starting to think it would have just been easier to have done a partial restore on this Mac of an old Time Machine running 10.7, with stable Kore and Albino and a bunch of other old stuff. o_O

4. EvilDragon

EvilDragon Moderator Moderator

5. Citizen

Citizen NI Product Owner

oh, thank you - want looking FWD to doing yet another OSX install!

6. Citizen

Citizen NI Product Owner

Ok, after the disc getting stuck the first time I put the Kore 2 disc in the drive, I FINALLY got Kore to install! Woooo.

BUT...

..for some reason Ableton Live 10 is not seeing it. It runs on standalone, but even after rescanning for Plug Ins, it doesn’t appear in my Ableton browser, as either a VST or Audio Unit. (Neither does Reaktor 5 , but I can see Kontakt 4 and Guitar Rig 4)

Any idea what’s going on here?

7. Paule

Paule NI Product Owner

Is Kore a 32-bit program?
    Take a look in the 32-bit folder.

8. Citizen

Citizen NI Product Owner

Ah, dang - is it one of those things where I have to run 32 Lives for Ableton to see it?

9. Kymeia

Kymeia NI Product Owner

Not if it's Kore 2 which comes in 32 and 64 bit versions

10. Citizen

Citizen NI Product Owner

OK, I just did the Kore 2 install from the disc - which version would have been installed? I don’t recall having the option to specify.

11. Kymeia

Kymeia NI Product Owner

In the standalone go into 'Get Info' and there's a box to tick that toggles between 32 and 64 bit

The plugin will load the correct version depending on the DAW being 32 or 64 bit

• Like Like x 1
  12. Citizen

Citizen NI Product Owner

I can't see a 'Get Info' option in any of the menus. I checked in Preferences, too, but nothing there about 32 or 64 bit.

Where is the Get Info option? I've looked everywhere.

13. Kymeia

Kymeia NI Product Owner

Right click on the app (this is basic MacOs functionality - nothing to do with Kore 2 preferences)

• Like Like x 1
  14. Citizen

Citizen NI Product Owner

To clarify, do you mean to Right click on the App, in the applications folder, rather than when it has actually launched, ie. like the image attached.

I have done so, and still could not find any switch to toggle between 32 and 64 bit versions, unfortunately.

Attached Files:

15. Citizen

Citizen NI Product Owner

This is what I see when I go to 'Get Info':

Attached Files:

16. Kymeia

Kymeia NI Product Owner

You need to be running 2.14 for starters - that's the one that added the 64 bit versions

17. Citizen

Citizen NI Product Owner

OK, thanks.

The version I installed is the version that was on the install discs. I can't see any further updates in Native Access – where do I find the necessary update?

18. Citizen

Citizen NI Product Owner

OK, after a bit of digging around on the NI site, I think I've found the correct installers.

Fingers crossed.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Citizen

Citizen NI Product Owner

OK, ran that installer, launched in standalone, no problem – but still cannot see Kore 2 in Ableton. I've tried running Kore 2 in both 32 bit and 64 bit, and it makes no difference.

I rescanned for Plug-ins in Live. Nothing. I did several restarts of my computer, again, nothing.

I've checked both Audio Units and VSTs, but Kore is not showing up in Ableton in either browser folder.

Do I need to install the 'Kore Player' installer for it to correctly install? (I'm not quite clear on what this does)

20. Citizen

Citizen NI Product Owner

Good lord – I FINALLY have Kore 2 working in Ableton! :O

....I had to check the 'Use VST2 Plug-In Custom Folder'. I'm sure I just did the Default Kore installation, so no idea why that was necessary.

In any case, thank you all so much for your patience!!! I am SUPER stoked to have Kore and Albino running on a computer, and my latest project is just begging for some True Strike Tension style percussion.

Thank you!

• Like Like x 1