Last stable MacOSX for running Kore2? Setting up new Mac

Discussion in 'KORE' started by Citizen, Feb 5, 2021.

1. Citizen

Citizen NI Product Owner

Well, that was short but sweet. :confused:

Kore 2 is now crashing Ableton. Ugh.

2. Paule

Paule NI Product Owner

As I own Albino 3 64-bit for pc thought by myself there is no need for Super 8. Are I'm right?

3. EvilDragon

EvilDragon Moderator Moderator

Super 8 sounds completely different. And that question is completely unrelated to the topic of this thread.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2021
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Paule

Paule NI Product Owner

OT: The sound demos from the Reaktor Super 8 are similar to Albino 3. If people like this sound can purchase Super 8 as Albino isn't on the market place.

5. Citizen

Citizen NI Product Owner

So, after initially running OK, Kore is now consistently crashing Ableton.

Does anyone have any idea what the fix to this would be? I’ve tried a few different things, but it’s just crashing as soon as I drag Kore into a project.

6. EvilDragon

Can you try another DAW?

• Like Like x 1
  7. Paule

Paule NI Product Owner

Or SaviHost?

8. EvilDragon

SAVIhost doesn't exist on Mac :)

9. Paule

Paule NI Product Owner

It's a pitty - is there a similar free product?

10. EvilDragon

HostingAU would be the same thing for Mac AU, unsure if a free thing for Mac VST exists.

But minihosts like this wouldn't really help - the guy could just as well be using standalone then. He should try a proper DAW other than Live - Logic, Reaper, even bloody Garageband, whatever.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Paule

Paule NI Product Owner

Or an older stable LIVE - from the same year as KORE is?

12. EvilDragon

Who knows if that old version of Live would work on newer macOS tho. :p

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Citizen

Citizen NI Product Owner

I probably have Garage Band installed on that Mac, I’ll give that a shot.

I was able to run Kore today tho, so it *can* run, it’d just not 100% stable.

14. ntula

ntula NI Product Owner

kore is great and I miss it..... you can always use VMware fusion and run and earlier OS within a newer OS, just set it up to use independent USB devices and "loop" back that way... alternatively one could just pick up an earlier computer and make a kore synth out of it... you can pick up one of the pre 2012 Mac Pro for not that much and have quite the powerful kore set up... some of the realtor kore sounds can eat a lot of cpu.. so having 12 cores for kore can get you to drone bliss... I used kore mainly for generating extremely complex drones and manipulation them on a x/y track pad... they should bring back the kore software for machine.. as I understand it, VMware fusion can run on even the newest M1 Macs.... OS 10.6 was the best OS for kore, and as well spektral delay and vokorder.

one other thing is that if you run it hosted it will have more compatibility as it requires a certain protocol for the routing to the DAW over standalone.... I was able to us kore until 32 bit stopped being supported hosted with great stablltiy.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2021