1. Please do not install macOS 10.15 Catalina yet, as Native Instruments software and hardware products are not supported under macOS 10.15 yet. For more info, please go HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Latency in Ableton Live but not Cubase?

Discussion in 'Technical Issues (Archive)' started by allenmorganaudio, Aug 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. allenmorganaudio

allenmorganaudio Forum Member

HeyGuys...I searched to see if this has been brought up before and did not see it...
    Here's the deal. I have Ableton Live 8.04 and Cubase 5.01. Both are using the same exact settings, same RME Digiface, same computer, etc. I open the session in Cubase and all is well. The same midi and audio imported into Ableton and I get a delayed sound when I hit the pads on Maschine. Yes I know Latency. Is it possible to have latency in one App as opposed to another? I know different apps handle audio differently....This is a tiny session with 2 audio tracks, 2 midi tracks, and very little effects. I wanted to jump into Ableton because there are certain things I can do faster in there than Cubase. Any help as always is greatly appreciated.

Allen
    MacPro 10.5.8
    Dual Quad Core 3.0 ghz
    16 GB Ram
    RME PCIe/DigiFace
    128 Buffer Size (Changing this up or down has not helped)

2. Suicide Server

Suicide Server Forum Member

Hello Allen,

that sounds pretty strange, to be honest. I dont have any problems with Latency on Ableton Live 8.04. You should trash your Ableton preferences and the cfg file first to see if that helps.

3. allenmorganaudio

The library.cfg?

4. Suicide Server

Suicide Server Forum Member

i would try to trash the preferences first and if thats not helping try the .cfg file

5. allenmorganaudio

hmmm. So when I record enable the track it triggers fine but throws everything else off meaning the Access Virus. Then I disengage record and it doesn't trigger at all. Totally screwed.
    ---
    I did trash the pref(s) btw.

6. rocadaburn

rocadaburn Forum Member

concerning the latency: does the track delay in live might help fixing this?
    how about the buffer size in the ASIO settings?
    I use Live 8.0.4 with Maschine 1.03, no problems with latency at all.

7. allenmorganaudio

Track delay doesn't seem to help at all. The buffer size is set to 64.

8. ew

ew Moderator Moderator

What's your plugin buffer set at (under CPU in Live's preferences)?

ew

9. Chilleddreams

Chilleddreams Forum Member

Sometimes I have additional delay on Maschine (and other Softsynths too) after adding a track in Ableton Live. Disabling and re-enabling the audio engine (by clicking on Live's CPU meter) helps for me.

Are you using Maschine as VST or AU? I use AU because Ableton "suspends" VSTs when idle. This results in not responding to trigger pads after a while when song is stopped.

10. allenmorganaudio

I will try re-enabling the audio engine. It actually seems to have more trouble with the vst. Interesting that you mention that. I will let you know if it helps.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.