1. We're currently conducting systematic tests with the release version of macOS 11 (Big Sur) in order to offer full compatibility of our products as soon as possible. You can find our latest compatibility status - here

Please note that although announced at the same time as macOS Big Sur, Apple Silicon processors are an independent release with separate compatibility concerns for NI products. Compatibility with macOS Big Sur will not yet ensure compatibility with Apple Silicon processors. At the moment, Native Instruments products are not supported on computers with Apple Silicon processors. Read more - here

Dismiss Notice

Latency Question

Discussion in 'TRAKTOR PRO / TRAKTOR SCRATCH PRO' started by JohnNeal, Mar 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. soundvision909

soundvision909 New Member

Does it really matter if you unlock the tracks? I haven't seen anything elsewhere but I also have not tried looking too hard.

2. DiscoNova

DiscoNova NI Product Owner

Now, if I understood your question (and situation) properly, the yes - it definetly makes a difference; if TSP2 is still analysing songs in the background (or writing tags), naturally that will require more CPU cycles than TSP1 doing "nothing".

For the record, on my machine (which is an early 2009 MacBook with 4GB RAM and 7200rpm HDD), when playing two songs in sync in internal mode, keylock engaged, my CPU usage on TSP2 is around 38% whereas TSP1 takes 29% with the same songs and settings. So ... based on this test - rather limited though it may be - I must conclude that yes, TSP2 does indeed require more juice form the CPU, but not significantly higher; only a 9 percentage points difference... and with TSP2, the CPU usage is still well below 50% overall.

3. leeway

leeway NI Product Owner

4. luisfmoreira

luisfmoreira Forum Member

Same here

Same thing here, 2009 MBP C2D 2,66 4GB. All tracks analysed, red bar, cracks and pops when scratching.

Can't use it in a gig, will wait for an update ... I make my money of this business, this is not prime time ready!

Luis

5. rainerh

rainerh NI Product Owner

Try to set the latency to 128 samples minimum. Traktor internal always 128 samples minimum are used. If you need to increase the latency use multiplies of 128.

6. leeway

leeway NI Product Owner

pointless, i think everyone in this thread have already tried this and NOTHIN changed, in TSP2 on 44KHZ and even 512SAMPLES (funny) shows RED CPU BAR.

7. luisfmoreira

luisfmoreira Forum Member

BTW everyone with this issue has a mac right?

8. DJ LG

DJ LG New Member

No, I am experiencing this issue and I am running Win 7

9. Stephan_

Stephan_ NI Product Owner

I'm also having latency problems on Windows 7, but CPU load is not abnormally high though. It's just that even with a ridiculously high latency settings (20ms+) I still get cracks and pops.

10. leeway

leeway NI Product Owner

same here. Win 7

11. soundvision909

soundvision909 New Member

No I meant when I do the analyze feature, Do I need to unlock beat grids? I have found today that everything works fine. Also CPU usage is exponentially down. So my experience says no, just needs to scope the track for the new software.

12. DiscoNova

DiscoNova NI Product Owner

Ok, yes... you do not need to unlock your beat grids (in case you don't, Traktor will simply flash a red warning on your status bar - if you have that visible, but that's the end of the trouble).

However, I think you may have misinterpreted the meaning of "exponential" ;)

13. JohnNeal

JohnNeal Forum Member

can someone tell me what i need to do to get it to analyze all the waves after the first install?

Is it a case of just leaving TSP2 on over night?

Thanks

14. leeway

leeway NI Product Owner

right click on collection -> analyze and your done... time? it depends on how many tracks u have, in manual it is said "if you have more than 10k tracks, analyze every each playlist separately"

it took me like 7-8hours, some around 4k tracks.

peace

15. scoobycarolan

scoobycarolan NI Product Owner

Who on this thread is running a Mac with a 64bit kernel?

16. lethal_pizzle

lethal_pizzle NI Product Owner

Have you tried just raising your USB buffer on Windows?

17. leeway

leeway NI Product Owner

GEEZ! read the thread!

18. leeway

leeway NI Product Owner

19. téa

téa NI Product Owner

Leeway - Rather than harking on, have you tried to troubleshoot? The problem is with the soundcard latency right? Is that what is bugging you? Latency and how your processor is handling it?

Ok, Linear logic time:

Issue = soundcard/software interaction. What affects this? = Driver. Therefore try different driver (like the old one you were using with TSP1?).

Have you done that? Did it help?

20. Liubo Ursiny

Liubo Ursiny NI Product Owner

Pardon me, but i've read the whole thread.
    I have Macbook Pro 17" i7 2.66ghz with 8G ram and 500G 5400 hdd. 4 decks internal.
    Updated last night, re-analyzed all tracks and played at home for a while.

With TSP1 i was using 8.5 ms, now here i set it to 320 samples so overal was 8.4 ms (just tried to keep the same thing). Is this right and correct?

I didn't have this CPU issue, although TSP1 was using ~25% of my CPU, and TSP2 now is using ~35%.

Can someone advise which setting is the closest to 8.5ms?

Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.