1. We're currently conducting systematic tests with the release version of macOS 11 (Big Sur) in order to offer full compatibility of our products as soon as possible. You can find our latest compatibility status - here

Please note that although announced at the same time as macOS Big Sur, Apple Silicon processors are an independent release with separate compatibility concerns for NI products. Compatibility with macOS Big Sur will not yet ensure compatibility with Apple Silicon processors. At the moment, Native Instruments products are not supported on computers with Apple Silicon processors. Read more - here

Dismiss Notice

learning Absynth: my patch sounds a bit noisy

Discussion in 'ABSYNTH' started by Thinksamuel, Oct 20, 2020.

1. Thinksamuel

Thinksamuel New Member

Hello

I am diving into Absynth and I am loving it. I did not know it was so deep. I followed a YT tutorial () to create a pad with the aetheriser and it sounds really great apart from a kind of bit of noise. I first had a noise that happened when the sample looped but that was because the overall volume was too high but now, when I play it, I hear a soft noise, like you are hearing through a radio. What sjhouldI do to clean up this sound. I have attached the patch.

Attached Files:

2. LBH

LBH NI Product Owner

Hi,

The noise is coming from your settings. You produce many grains, have a lot of feedback etc.. A LFO can also produce something you can call noise, if it run at high speed.
    You can try to let less high frequency content pass. But that also change the sound.
    And it's the same if you lower the frequency and so on.
    You can also try another waveform in the OSC you use, but that also change the sound.
    It's not wrong noise you hear, so to speak. It's exspected with the settings in the sound, i would say.
    Perhaps you can find a better balance between the parameters. No need to produce more grains than needed, no need to have more feedback than needed etc... But you can also leave it as it is.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2020
    • Like Like x 1