1. Hi everyone,

Apple just released Logic Pro 10.5 for MacOS 10.15. We found out that Massive X, Crush Pack, Mod Pack, Replika, and Replika XT will crash.

Our teams are currently working on a fix, and we hope to have this out to you as soon as we can!

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

Learning Massive X

Discussion in 'MASSIVE + MASSIVE X' started by abluesky, Feb 15, 2020.

1. abluesky

abluesky New Member

Hi!

I absolutely love the sound of massive X but I’m struggling to learn all the features and thus leverage its full potential. I’ve read the manual a few times, and specifically I’m unsure how to leverage the trackers, which wavetables are tailored to which modes and phase modulation, how to use the exciters envelope to create sounds using filter resonance, and how to leverage the insert oscillators besides basic sub osc.

I realize that answers to these issues is beyond the scope of responses to this post, but I’m wondering if anybody is willing to share their favorite resources for learning massive x. Of course, if anybody has an tips they want to share in response, I would really appreciate it.

Thank you!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Jan Ola @ NI

Jan Ola @ NI NI Team NI Team

Thanks for your post! We will consider these topics for additional learning assets.

3. Sommerklänge

Sommerklänge NI Product Owner

Hi, I personally go to a variety of resources on youtube. As the synth is pretty new and didn't get the love it deserved at launch, there aren't a lot of tutorials out there (yet) I've found some playlists with tutorials: Playlist 1 Playlist 2 Alternatively, you can search for "Massive X" + "what you want to know / what style you produce / famous artist in that genre". Not sure if I helped you any further, I hope so though. Regardless, good luck on your Massive X journey! :D