Let us use 4 Kontrol D2s

Discussion in 'Feature Request' started by Strange Matter, Apr 19, 2018.

1. Strange Matter

Strange Matter NI Product Owner

Layer flipping, while can be useful in a pinch, is not the way I find comfortable to work. I work by muscle memory most of the time. Having to check which deck is selected before I can touch a control throws me off my rhythm and can lead to some pretty bad clangers. Ever stopped the wrong deck because it was set to the wrong layer? What if that was the one deck looped for all the bass in the mix at the time?. I've tried the S8 and these happened. Fortunately I was just at home.

A four screen setup is already possible when combining the Kontrol S8 with D2s, so why not just allow four D2s? I'm not going to be changing my mixer from my A&H 92 as I can't lose the aux routing (for Maschine) or the 4 band EQ (because it's awesome).

I'll drop my two X1s and F1s for four D2s in an instant happily as I'm sure would many others. You've basically prevented users from buying more of your hardware. I can't be the only person that sees that decision as completely nonsensical, can I?

I literally can't buy into the D2s unless this changes

• Like Like x 7
  2. hellnegative

hellnegative NI Product Owner

This is exactly why I bought and shortly after returned the 4 NI Traktor D2's I purchased. It was also the frustration that lead to me ultimately jumping ship from Traktor altogether.

NI MAKE THIS HAPPEN DAMN IT

• Like Like x 1
  3. hellnegative

Still dont know why you can have an S8 with two D2's, but not 4 D2's.

• Like Like x 2
  4. zack dawson

zack dawson New Member

Layer flipping messes me up every time. I had a few S8s to run the 4 deck setup but they are not stage reliable.

Please NI make this happen. I have 2 extra d2s sitting on my floor because of this. And 2 bum S8s with power supply issues that I WILL NEVER trust live.

5. Strange Matter

Strange Matter NI Product Owner

Right? Absolute ballache. If they're discontinuing the D2 because of sales, those bum sales just might have been because they made them only half usable from the off. Sure, if you're playing like Carl Cox did with two D2s and two CDJs, sure. You're golden. But that's still four controllers for four decks.

6. s3kn0tr0n1c

s3kn0tr0n1c NI Product Owner

Damm...Ive got 2 D2s and was just about to buy another 1 or 2. Gutted you can have 1 dedicated to each deck.....

7. hellnegative

Consider yourself lucky. I found out after purchasing a 3rd and 4th D2.

8. s3kn0tr0n1c

Yes indeed... Glad i searched online.

What work arounds? Use 2 d2s and another controller.... Perhaps the x1?

I'd just need to be able to load tracks, loop and cue point for dropping in on beat...

9. hellnegative

I was able to run two VM's simultaneously using VMWare workstation in order to run all 4 from one computer and link traktor using the link protocol. However, it was not a very logical solution, so I just sold all my D2's and went back to Rekordbox for a while after that. One the SC5000's now.

10. s3kn0tr0n1c

Good idea but as you say not very logical.

Could also use 2 laptops. Im going to upgrade my mixer to xone 96 at somepoint . It has 2 USBs so Im sure you could use 2 laptops with 2 D2s on each. Each streaming 2 decks to mixer

11. Black Mirror

Black Mirror New Member

Has this seen any update? Currently on S8 and 2x D2 and think about switching to 4x D2 if possible

12. hellnegative

It's never gonna happen. This is a common theme for any screen based controllers. The hardware addressing seems to cause issues. I've managed a couple workarounds, but neither were stable, probably for the same reasons they never added the ability to Traktor.

13. RasmusRasmussen

RasmusRasmussen New Member

It can be done. I got 3 decks going on 3 D2s

• Like Like x 1
  14. flashero

flashero New Member

Hi, how you do that?

15. RasmusRasmussen

RasmusRasmussen New Member

Go into traktor preferences, controller manager, add, traktor, D2.

This adds another controller, then you have to switch the deck on your third controller’s deck button.

• Like Like x 1
  16. flashero

flashero New Member

Hi, thank for the reply, Is this tested and working?, because I dont want to buy an extra D2 if i cant use it.

Regards

17. hellnegative

CAn you post a vid of this in use. This had to be an update since the first beta of traktor 3.