Limit filter frequency range with breath control

Discussion in 'Building With Reaktor' started by Greg Sinibaldi, May 12, 2021.

1. Studiowaves

Studiowaves NI Product Owner

Paule, this is strange, I have midi coming in to Reaktor but neither ensemble makes sound. I made sure the midi volume is up too. Reaktor is even in omni mode. Maybe it needs a breath controller or something, but it won't play a midi file. No manual on it I could see.

2. Paule

Paule NI Product Owner

The manual is online in UL: left side of the comments in the link. You need midi cc (#??) for the gesture of the bow.
    upload_2021-5-20_12-28-22.png
    Here is my mod of Serenade from 2018: with a slow random.
    Mayhaps you can create another one.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 20, 2021
  3. Studiowaves

Thanks Paul.I put the Seranade instructions here, looks like the mod wheel is the bow. Think mod wheel is #17, trying my memory now, lol

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 20, 2021
  4. Studiowaves

I sent Greg an Email to come back, I don't think he knows and is waiting for email.

5. Greg Sinibaldi

Greg Sinibaldi NI Product Owner

Gave this a spin. It seems to work but only on every other note. When I'm blowing full strength and the cut off us maxed out its like max frequency is different for every other note. This is likely something to do with the polyphonic stuff. Voice one is always brighter (higher max frequency on the cut off) than Voice 1 is. I made a short video that shows whats going on. https://www.screencast.com/t/SIKVTdQaBtv

That said voice 1 is exactly what I want to ave happen!

6. Paule

Paule NI Product Owner

MW is CC 1

• Like Like x 1
  7. Studiowaves

You know what wish for in reaktor. Is a midi module for the sostenuto pedal.

8. Studiowaves

Are you playing legato when this happens. Try again and be sure to release each note before playing the next. It might be holding the filter. Legato usually only changes the pitch and leaves everything else alone.

9. Paule

Paule NI Product Owner

Do you build one?

10. Studiowaves

Not yet, it's possible though, I only wish they had one. It would be a gate that would have to hold the note off command for any notes held down when the sostenuto pedal is depressed. And send out the note off info when the pedal is released. It's the middle pedal on a piano. The soft pedal just lowers the velocities and no big deal there. What can we use to store a stack of midi off notes to be sent from the gate when the pedal is released. Any ideas? Like a stack of latches...

11. Paule

Paule NI Product Owner

MRC uses a note off macro in reverse of what you want to stops open notes (hanging notes).

12. Studiowaves

haha that is backasswards
    Do you know how sustenuto works on real piano, step on pedal and after releasing notes that were held down before pedal, The string dampers for those notes are held in place. It mechanically works because pressing down on key also make it damper fall down, but it falls lower than other dampers. So pedal grabs the dampers of any note held down. I wish it were that easy in reaktor because all on notes have to registered pedal is pressed. Those notes must then stop note off command and save in a stack. When pedal is lifter the stack of note off comes out of gate. I only see a hard project but can be done with indexed latches. Don't recall seeing indexed latches in library, probable have to make one. Yes it's a big deal, only wish reaktor already make sustenuto gate like st gate or min max modules. Maybe request it in reaktor new stuff.

I just now finish track marker for daws. makes 5k square wave for 1 millisecond on start. pretty cool for making sure tracks stay line up.

Also wish me luck on passing drivers exam today. lol, not real exam but i have not driven a car in 6 months. no place to go with covid. lol

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  13. ANDREW221231

ANDREW221231 NI Product Owner

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  14. Catman Dude

Catman Dude NI Product Owner

Good luck relearning driving. It's like riding a bike, you never forget how. ;)

Good description of that invaluable piano pedal's action.

15. Studiowaves

I lived to tell about it. lol same drivers as before , riding my tail in the slow lane when i;m doing the speed limit. wish i had a james bond car and spew out some skunk mist. lol

16. Catman Dude

Catman Dude NI Product Owner

If there was an evaluator in the car with you, then always stay at or under the speed limit. Look both ways before turning. Everything like you were the most cautious driver that ever lived. The guy or gal will compliment you. And OK your license. :)

17. Paule

Paule NI Product Owner

Al, here is my mod of Andy's serenade for MW with MRC and an asian like midi file.
    MRC controls mod wheel. Please drive the midi from external midi player.

Attached Files:

18. Studiowaves

lol, spose so, and don't forget to smile when you flip somebody off for tailgating, it's a part of the exam. lol

19. Studiowaves

Thanks Paule. I'll play with it and see how it turns out.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Studiowaves

Paule, I forgot to ask what MRC means. Midi Remote Control is what I was thinking. Try to play later today or tomorrow, Need to sleep off the root canal finished today. It hurts and I'm not in good mood. Maybe I need Mood Ring or a frontal lobotomy or a bottle in front of me. lol I hope it has good Cello, Cello is like Jello, it's my favorite instrument, Almost bought one once but too expensive so I bought Jello instead. lol Talk later