List of outstanding issues in Maschine 2.5.0

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by CakeAlexS, Sep 24, 2016.

1. FTN_Boom

FTN_Boom Member

Gee, thanks, appreciated.

• Like Like x 1
  2. CakeAlexS

CakeAlexS NI Product Owner

Ah it got renamed for 2.5.0. Thanks whoever did it!
    Please just tag me in bug threads where somebody else other than yourself has managed to repro it if you want me to add it to list. Cheers.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2016
  3. dabb

dabb Active Member

Bump

4. CakeAlexS

5. Mr36

Mr36 NI Product Owner

Just in case this could be misunderstood, this is not a Jam issue. It's across all controllers and is (unfortunately) the way deleting automation/modulation works. It's not a bug, just poor and unwanted design (in my opinion).

The Mk1 Scene mode lighting issue is a bug to me, as it's not consistent with Mk2 or Studio, but there is also report that this, too, is by design. Weird.

6. CakeAlexS

OK I'll take it off for now.

7. CakeAlexS

8. mkopter

mkopter Member

Here is another one, that bugs me since I got Maschine:

The mouse wheel behaves inconsistently across various knobs in Maschines GUI.
    a) When using the mouse wheel on sound and group level knobs for fine adjustments, everything works like in every other DAW/plugin-in I know: mouse wheel UP turns the knob to the RIGHT (clockwise), DOWN moves it to the LEFT. That's good. Keep it like that!
    b) When using the mouse wheel on the main knobs to adjust sound or effect parameters, it works the other way around, which can be really annoying: mouse wheel UP turns the knob to the LEFT, UP to the RIGHT respectively.

Further more mouse wheel work opposed to dragging the mouse on those knobs: When left-clicking a knob, holding the mouse button and then dragging UP, knob moves to the RIGHT, like expected. Mouse wheel, same direction -> knob moves LEFT. Very odd. :confused:

I use DAWs for more than twenty years now, and it always worked like a) everywhere, so often I end up turning the knob in the wrong direction. Even NI's own plug-ins do work like in a), when using their dedicated GUIs. (When they do support the mouse wheel at all, that is.) This is more an oddity that a real bug, but it would be much appreciated if it could get fixed.

• Like Like x 1
  9. CakeAlexS

Thanks. Could you start a new thread and post link for it here ot tag me please (see opening post). Cheers..

10. Mr36

Mr36 NI Product Owner

I think the metronome and sync sampling being of sync/phase when following Scenes with an "odd" length should be included: https://www.native-instruments.com/...n-following-scenes-with-an-odd-length.312873/
    Perhaps some and even NI don't consider this a bug per se, but even if not, it's still a big issue and something that should not happen in a musical environment.

And just an update to a few of this bugs/issues on this list the way I see it...

Just tried this again and it works fine for me in Live 9.7.1 (with MASCHINE 2.5.6 as a VST on Windows 10).

As was tried to be explained in the thread, this is not a bug, it's just arguably not the best implementation. NAVIGATE+Button 7 works to do what it's supposed to do: toggle the meters of the mixer view. If you're not looking at that view, you won't see it happen, but it is happening. This is a case for an improvement request and is not a bug.

I'd say the same for this too. The implementation might not be to your liking, but it works as expected, so is not a bug. Another case for an improvement request instead.

Not sure if anyone has looked into this, but it could be to do with settings from other NI apps that have had data tracking enabled (and then MASCHINE assumes their setting). Either way, I don't see sufficient evidence that this is a bug per se, as we don't have enough information. Also, it doesn't really affect usage of MASCHINE at all or the ability to toggle data tracking on/off. If anything, it's just an unverified potential minor inconsistency.

This is another for the "improvement request" pile and is not a bug, even if some find it less than optimal (the parameters work and do what they say, they just might not be presented as some might want). As with many things, it should be better, but it doesn't mean it's a bug.

I also think that the pitchwheel should "spring" back to 0 when the modulation lane is cleared (especially as MASCHINE's modulation is relative and not absolute automation), but it doesn't and it's still the case in 2.5.6.

11. CakeAlexS

Argue way on the threads please although it's a bit of a waste of time. 2 of these are already placed in the "under review" so I don't see why it's an arguement. Ultimately NI needs to speak up on the threads with their comment we can only speculate

I appreciate gray areas in the issues you list (with exception of the input meters which is a clear actual bug if you bother to take the time to reproduce it (Essential otherwise you will misunderstand) and read through the thread again, it's not what you think (you had the wrong end of the stick, at least BR got it in the end after he tried it).

Last edited: Jan 7, 2017
  12. CakeAlexS

Oh I'll check out the the new link when I can thx. I'm away in Spain at the moment caring for my sick mum so my life is on hold. Ta.

13. Mr36

Mr36 NI Product Owner

With this attitude, I'm truly not surprised you get so little response and assistance with your previously admirable bug quest. o_O

Waste of time because if you've defined something a bug, that's that, regardless of whether it is a bug in others' and NI's eyes... If it's not an actual bug, NI are not going to fix it. Instead, they might change/improve it if a request to do so is put forward.

Two are in your "under review" section and there's no argument, I've just provided information on why the pitchwheel/MIDI issue does seem to be a bug and why the reverb parameter issue is not a bug.

I did read through again and it is exactly what I thought: the meters represent the signal pre-gain i.e., between audio interface input and MASCHINE, before any gains/levels/plugins. Whether or not that is optimal or to your preference is another thing, but it works as it should and so it not a bug, it's just something you would like to see changed/improved (which is fine and important too and I actually agree it would be better if affected by the gain parameter, it's just not the same as a bug).

Anyway, I only went through your list (re-familiarising and trying to reproduce the issues) to help review and update it, but it seems you're not bothered about that. Oh well.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  14. CakeAlexS

Let's agree to disagree then. Again I really don't want to rake up and revisit again what's already been discussed in other threads right here, and I noticed what you are writing is nothing new (apart from new link, I promise I will check it out). Again if you wish to discuss further please comment on the actual threads where the actual discussion is taking place (the topic), I'd prefer not to debate here. If you disagree that much with what I'm doing (fair enough) please by all means start your own thread with your list. Btw I don't claim this to be anything more than a list (a) I'm not the developer of Maschine (b) I don't work for NI. From the technical perspective it's NI who really should be proclaiming what is a bug or not, and as I've said before, if NI actually got involved with the threads it will simply bring an end to the debate (and would be very helpful). So far no response, although I do know that at least one employee has read them.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  15. skinswashdc

skinswashdc Well-Known Member

Mr. 36 has some good points.

16. CakeAlexS

I agree and that's why I respect him. Sadly unlike him you have no actual points whatsoever, and have not contributed to any of the threads linked here (or similar threads which haven't been linked). Thankyou for your non contribution. I hope you are doing better in the closed beta test rather than simply cheerleading or trolling (see 2nd post).

Last edited: Jan 8, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  17. mkopter

mkopter Member

Sure! Done.

• Like Like x 1
  18. CakeAlexS

19. CakeAlexS

Opps.

• Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1