1. Hi everyone,

Apple just released Logic Pro 10.5 for MacOS 10.15. We found out that Crush Pack, Mod Pack, Replika, and Replika XT will crash.

Our teams are currently working on a fix, and we hope to have this out to you as soon as we can!

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

Live10 crashing on exit...

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by m911, Aug 15, 2018.

1. m911

m911 New Member

I kept at this until I realized that it's only crashing when I leave Komplete Kontrol open. I know, don't leave it open when I quit, but still I'm curious... This happens each time, it's easy to reproduce, is anyone else experiencing this?

2. m911

m911 New Member

I would also be interested to know if anyone does not have this problem and is using a similar setup (I'm using windows7 btw).

thanks =)

3. zephry

zephry NI Product Owner

There is an issue with crash on exit
    I have the beta version also and it was mentioned as a fix in one of the recent versions, I can't remember for sure, but I don't think the crash is specifically caused by a certain plugin.

There have been a lot of changes in each beta release. I think about five updates since live 10 was released.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. m911

m911 New Member

Hi zephry, thanks for your reply!... but I'm a little confused when you say beta... of Ableton Live you mean? I'm on Live 10.0.2 now. 10 was released in February, I never had the beta. Interesting tho if this was (or is a problem) with any version of Live. I didn't have Komplete during past versions of Live so I have no experience with anything before 10.

I contacted Abes support, but they had me deleting prefs and checking my configs as if the problem were on my end. I'm a noob here but not with Live or daws in general so I'm pretty positive it's not due to user fail.

5. zephry

zephry NI Product Owner

So the issue was and is in the current version, I believe anyone can sign up for the beta version.
    You would only notice when you start up the software and the report a crash panel comes up.
    I haven't actually had it crash or hang, it just brings up that panel at startup.

You should be able to today sign up for the beta here
    https://ableton.centercode.com/welcome/

But be sure to read each release notes for any updates, sometimes there are some significant changes or fixes that no one even are available.

6. m911

m911 New Member

ahh, ok, thanks for both the link and the clarification =) just waiting for my signup email to come back now