Solved Lo-Fi Glow / Content missing in Maschine 2

Discussion in 'KONTAKT' started by ClémentD, Feb 21, 2020.

1. ClémentD

ClémentD New Member

Hello everyone,

I purchase and install Lo-Fi Glow yesterday with the Faded Reels extension too, but I got a problem.

I can use Lo-Fi Glow in the Kontakt player when I run it in standalone (from my desktop), but when I want use this instruments in Maschine 2, previews work but when I load a preset I have the content missing error. If I load Kontakt player as a VST (with dll) in maschine, I don't see Lo-Fi Glow in the instrument's list.
    I reinstall Kontakt, Lo-Fi GLow and nothing change.

Any solution :D ?
    Thanks in advance

Attached Files:

• lofi.png
      lofi.png
      File size:
      198.1 KB
      Views:
  2. ApocalypseRex

ApocalypseRex New Member

I'm also having the same issue. LoFi works just fine on my Komplete but when I try to load it into my MK3 is gives me the same error message even though you can still hear the sound preview when selecting from the sound library. I uninstalled it and reinstalled it, this worked at first but trying it again this morning and it isn't working again.

3. bymski

bymski New Member

Hi,
    I can’t confirm this on Windows... do you see this error on macOS ?

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 22, 2020
  4. ClémentD

ClémentD New Member

Windows 10 for me.

5. ApocalypseRex

ApocalypseRex New Member

MacOS for me. Mojave 10.14.16. The Firmware on my MK3 is up to date too.

6. bymski

bymski New Member

Does LoFi Glow appear in Preferences/ Library ?, if so ... did you try a rescan ? Was LoFi Glow installed on an external Drive ?

7. ApocalypseRex

ApocalypseRex New Member

Here is a follow up, still having the same issue but maybe this will help narrow things down...?

-LoFi Glow does appear in my Preferences / Library in Maschine,
    -I've tried to rescan but I still get the same error
    -When I try to find the files in Maschine using the options on the error message I am then given the error message :Kontakt File type not recognized.\
    -LoFi GLow is not loaded on an external drive.
    -I am able to use LoFi Glow with my Komplete Kontrol S49 perfectly fine

Attached Files:

8. ClémentD

ClémentD New Member

Appear too in Library and placed in internal disk. Still error for me

9. EvilDragon

EvilDragon Moderator Moderator

When you open Kontakt in Maschine, and open edit mode (so that you can see the whole Kontakt GUI), what is the version showing when you click the KONTAKT logo?

To me it smells like you might not have the latest version of Kontakt installed.

10. bymski

bymski New Member

Yes, please open up Native Access and update MAS/ KK and Kontakt, and then see if you still have that error ....

11. ClémentD

ClémentD New Member

I already updated Maschine, Kontakt and LoFi.

Maschine : 2.9.2
    Kontakt : 6.2.2 (viewed in Native Access and in standalone), 6.0.3 (when I open it in Maschine)

How version standalone and in maschine can be different ?

Last edited: Feb 25, 2020
  12. ClémentD

ClémentD New Member

It's ok ! !!

I don't know why (maybe after a move of all NI products), my VstPlugins path was not updated (aimed my old path). Therefore Maschine used a wrong .dll (not updated).
    I fixed the path, rescanned plugin to update maschine instrument list version, and my kontakt in maschine is in 6.2.2 well, and LoFi works now.

Thanks everyone !

13. ApocalypseRex

ApocalypseRex New Member

Kontakt was updated but I did a rescan in Maschine and that seems to have fixed it! Thanks for you help everyone!

14. isaac m

isaac m New Member

HELP. I have literally tried everything said above, and still getting the same error. Updated kontakt, the maschine application, and every other update that was available. I tried re-installing Lofi Glow, and did about 5 rescans. It still plays a preview of every sound, as mentioned above. I've also confirmed that the path in the library is correct as well

15. EvilDragon

And you are 100% sure that Kontakt version is 6.2.1 when you open Kontakt in Maschine?

LFG won't work at all if Kontakt is an older version.

16. isaac m

isaac m New Member

I'm at 6.22 but now not a single Kontakt instrument will load in maschine so I'm thinking somehow the directory path got all screwed up. I tried uninstalling and re-installing everything, but still no dice. Any tips?

17. EvilDragon

If you did a complete reinstall it should have worked... Just for final verification:

1. Open Maschine
    2. Load Kontakt onto a Sound (not using the browser but by pressing the + button and adding Kontakt from the menu)
    3. Expand the window into edit mode (pencil button in top left)
    4. Click on KONTAKT logo
    5. Screenshot and post here

18. isaac m

isaac m New Member

GOT IT. I do appreciate the help a lot. From an old post, when I updated Kontakt I guess it created a duplicate x32 bit .dll file that I was unaware of. After finding and deleting it & rescanning it finally worked.

• Like Like x 1
  19. EvilDragon

There we go. :)

20. RBL

RBL NI Product Owner

Please help, unable to used purchased product. Having the same issue as Isaac. I've attached my screenshot below.

Attached Files: