loading exs24 files into kompakt?

Discussion in 'KOMPAKT' started by robertroff, Feb 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. robertroff

robertroff NI Product Owner

I'm pretty sure it says you can in the kompakt manual, but when I try, it won't let me load my exs files. I don't want to put them in kontakt because it crackles too much, so I want to try kompakt.

Anyone have any success with this?

thanks,

Rob

2. Cyril Blanc

Cyril Blanc NI Product Owner

Kontakt 2 seem to be ok

3. robertroff

Not for me. When I load exs into kontakt2, any sustained sound, even if it's just one key being played, produced faint crackles in the background. You don't get this? Try loading a lead patch from the exs library into kontakt2, and just hold a note down while nothing else is playing. There is clicking that doesn't happen when I load the files in the exs24.

regards,
    Rob

4. Cyril Blanc

give me a name of a lead ?

5. robertroff

try any of them, like analog leads glide boy, big attack lead, funky lead etc.

It happens with pads too. Usually starts to crackle after about 5 seconds. Hold a note down for 10 to 20 seconds, sometimes it doesn't happen, but it happens more than it doesn't.

This is using exs files btw, not files that have been converted to nki from exs.

I play the samples from an external 7,200 rpm hard drive. I wonder if that matters.

Thanks,

Rob

6. Cyril Blanc

Do you play with an external KB ?
    With the K2's KB ? (well known problem with K 1.5, happens with NI's lib too)
    Or in your DAW app ?

It's a bit crazy to play EXS samples with K2 until K2 is as fast as the EXS. LOL :)))))

7. robertroff

Yes, the only reason I want to use the exs library in kontakt is because I want to use it in Ableton Live, otherwise, when in logic, I'd just use the exs24.

Anyways, crackles happen in kontakt with exs files when I'm logic or ableton live, and they happen whether I play my external midi keyboard or the kontakt keyboard, or on playback of midi. And if I save the patch as an nki with the samples on the powerbook HD, it still happens. And it doesn't happen with many of the digital synth patches. Analog ones more. I don't know what might be a common thread, but some are quite annoying.

By the way, about my original question, can you not load exs files into kompakt? It says you can in the manual, but I can't seem too.

cheers,

Rob

8. Cyril Blanc

I have load Logic EXS piano into K2 with success. This are the samples that I have used to do my test K2 v.s. EXS

Where are " analog leads glide boy, big attack lead, funky lead etc."

9. robertroff

They are in the exs library under "Analog leads". Thanks for checking.

By the way, I know exs loads in kontakt, but do they load in kompakt? Do you have kompakt? or just kontakt?

Since my exs problems aren't going away in kontakt, I'd like to try loading them in kompakt instead.

Rob

10. Cyril Blanc

I use Kontakt 2.

I have import Big Attack lead (LP 7.2) into K2, seem to be OK

I remember having problems with K 1.53 with one piano of the EXS, but K 1 would not load it

Send me your email I will send you the .nki

11. robertroff

my email is robertroff@yahoo.ca.

thanks alot, I'll be curious to try that out.

I wonder if a bunch of my exs files could be corrupt or something. So you held a note down for a long period of time and did not hear faint crackling in the background? hmmm... weird.

cheers,
    Rob

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.