1. Hi everyone,

Apple just released Logic Pro 10.5 for MacOS 10.15. We found out that Crush Pack, Mod Pack, Replika, and Replika XT will crash.

Our teams are currently working on a fix, and we hope to have this out to you as soon as we can!

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

Loading Scarbee J Slap'n Fingered in Kontakt Player?

Discussion in 'KONTAKT' started by sluggo, Oct 8, 2018.

1. sluggo

sluggo NI Product Owner

Hello,

I have this sample library from 2004. Should I be able to load this into the Kontakt Player? I tried and it worked but the player said it was in DEMO mode. Checking the Kontakt website, it says that the player does not work with "unlicensed libraries." I would assume that this library is licensed though.

thanks

2. David Das

David Das Moderator Moderator

I believe this was an encoded Kontakt Player library, if I remember correctly. Add its serial number to Native Access and it should lead you through authorizing it.

3. sluggo

sluggo NI Product Owner

My version is/was a digital download. The manual says that the package includes a serial number, but I never received one. I imagine that the serial was included in the physical packaging if you bought the CDs/DVD. All I have is an email saying that I purchased it, and a PayPal receipt.

Just now I remembered that I contacted NI a few years ago about this. They said that Scarbee Instruments run in the free Kontakt Player. I get that DEMO notice though. Maybe I should contact NI support again.

4. David Das

David Das Moderator Moderator

Even with a digital purchase, a serial number should have been issued. Scour the e-mail receipt for it, and if it's not there, yes, contact NI sales/support.

5. EvilDragon

EvilDragon Moderator Moderator

J-Bass wasn't Kontakt Player. Jay-Bass is. :)

6. sluggo

sluggo NI Product Owner

Dumb question of the day - I can't find any "contact support" page on the NI site. Should I just send an email to support@nativeinstruments.com ?

7. EvilDragon

EvilDragon Moderator Moderator

Why, though? You got the answer. J-Bass is an old, non-Kontakt Player library. So it will run in demo mode if you open it in Player. If you want it to work without this limitation, you need the full version of Kontakt. Simple as that.

• Like Like x 2