1. Hi everyone,

Apple just released Logic Pro 10.5 for MacOS 10.15. We found out that Massive X, Crush Pack, Mod Pack, Replika, and Replika XT will crash.

Our teams are currently working on a fix, and we hope to have this out to you as soon as we can!

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

loading tracks is slow

Discussion in 'Technical Issues' started by dj_huck, Jun 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dj_huck

dj_huck NI Product Owner

like ts so far. mixed with it for 6 hours with few problems even used audacity to record into the audio 8 the whole time. only big complaint is the speed that tracks load. i do not always know which track i am going to play next and sometimes will try6 or 8 tracks to find the one that i want to play. often that leaves me with very little time to mix. does anyone know if this a hot item to fix? it is important to me

2. djquartz

djquartz NI Product Owner

Is this off an external or internal drive?

This is something I experience intermittently and have been trying to get it solved.

Does it happen when loading via hot key, vinyl scroll/select or both?

Are all your tracks doing this?

3. th0rax

th0rax Forum Member

i have to say tracks do load rather slowly even when fully analyzed and loading from an internal drive....

I almost haven't had the guts to try external hard drive, dvds, or audio cds through the laptop's drive...I imagine that would suck

4. djquartz

djquartz NI Product Owner

Actually I have loaded MP3 CD/DVD's and Audio CD's previously and it wasn't that bad.

It's more of an intermittent glitch for me. Tracks load fast and then one will be a little sluggish to load.

I haven't heard any feedback about it lately though.

5. bigbadselecta

bigbadselecta Forum Member

do you have all your files analyzed?

6. dj_huck

dj_huck NI Product Owner

tracks load slowly off of all 3 of my external hdd and the the internal also on both computers also. i have not analysed all of my tracks and would prefer to have tracks load in a decent amount of time if they are analysed or not . i can not tell that they ever load at a decent speed.

7. sleizure

sleizure Forum Member

I have been told it is an IRQ problem with my laptop.

Funny how I have been using my laptop with pre 3.2 Traktor versions and 2.6 without issue!

8. alextrebek_Tf

alextrebek_Tf New Member

slowwww track load

I too have this prob. Loading from external. Never had it until i got the crossgrade. works good for the first 30 min or so. then it just seems to go to shyte. Very sluggish. Also uses huge amounts of CPU.

9. Delcut

Delcut NI Product Owner

I have got the same problems with the internal HD and the external.

Is this problem fixed?

10. supermows

supermows New Member

me too!

11. dj_huck

dj_huck NI Product Owner

we will see if this get fixed quickly. i would like to see something like ssl that loads quickly so you can drop a track quickly

12. sleizure

sleizure Forum Member

Tell me, how big are your collections? Size of .NML - are they stored locally on your internal hard disk with mp3s on an external disk? And how many tracks do you have? I uncovered some interesting information the other day and want to see if I can find some correlations between other peoples collection sizes...

13. dj_huck

dj_huck NI Product Owner

sleizure i think that you are missing my point. i have a few thousand songs in my "collection". tracks load slow even though ts only knows about 3 or 4 hundred. i am very happy with ts. the load time is my only complaint. ableton live loads tracks as fast as ts.

14. DJ Freshfluke

DJ Freshfluke Traktor Mod Moderator

is it only special tracks or all tracks?

15. supermows

supermows New Member

With me it happens with almost all tracks (unless tracks which last about 3 min. at 192kbps)

16. DJ Freshfluke

DJ Freshfluke Traktor Mod Moderator

to all experiencing lonh loading times:

please clock the loading time of e.g. 5 or 10 tracks in seconds and report the results.

include the file type and size, also add all other relevant information like:

how many tracks in the collection?
    detailed computer/ os
    is there a difference in the loading time if the needle is on the record or not?

all your info is very valuable to find out what happens on your systems.

thank you.

17. petetaylor1973

petetaylor1973 Forum Member

did this ever get resolved, am suffering too - would this be due to a underpowered CPU?

18. progen

progen NI Product Owner

Definitely a hardware problem as in with the desktop or notebooks used. I don't have this problem with both desktops and notebooks and I've run FinalScratch, Traktor DJ Studio and Traktor Scratch on both. Best to keep the systems' operating systems as bare as possible. For what it's worth, defragmenting doesn't help since the audio files themselves are pretty small and unlikely to be distributed throughout the drive's platters.

On my desktop, the waveform appears in about 1 second. Of course, it's ready to use JUST BEFORE the waveform appears though. On my notebook, it takes about 1 - 2 seconds when used with the AC adaptor. With battery, about 2 - 3 seconds.

My desktop ain't exactly a very fast one with a mini ATX motherboard that's crammed with extras like builtin Firewire, digital and HDTV output. It was also rather cheap so it's definitely not even a mid range board. I was surprised that it's pretty fast though (this particular model) because it got Windows installed faster than my home PC.

Oh, it's an Asus M2NPV-VM with 2GB of RAM and a simple Athlon 3200+ processor. Pretty much a no frills system.

19. progen

progen NI Product Owner

Oh, if it's not a bogged down operating system, then perhaps it's the files themselves. I run every single mp3 I use through Adobe Audition for some EQing, normalizing, etc.. Perhaps the resaving has gotten all my mp3s to conform to what Traktor Scratch and other DVSs prefer?

20. Devant

Devant NI Product Owner

I've been having the same issue with track loading times taking 10-12 seconds for a 12mb .mp3 file. It's annoying because I like rapid-fire mixing.

The only workaround that i've found is to load the next track to the preview box while mixing the other two tracks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.