1. Hi everyone,

Apple just released Logic Pro 10.5 for MacOS 10.15. We found out that Crush Pack, Mod Pack, Replika, and Replika XT will crash.

Our teams are currently working on a fix, and we hope to have this out to you as soon as we can!

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

loading tracks is slow

Discussion in 'Technical Issues' started by dj_huck, Jun 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SimonStokes

SimonStokes NI Product Owner

Hmmm..what's your computer spec? I have a new notebook and it loads tracks instantly - even if you load many of the course of afew seconds.

2. progen

progen NI Product Owner

That's REALLLLLLLLYYYYYYYYYYYYY long. Even when loading nonstop 192kbps mixes of more than an hour, it takes about 4 - 5 seconds on my system(S) before they're ready to be played. Of course the waveform takes a little longer to appear but we're talking about something like 5 - 6 seconds at most.

3. Devant

Devant NI Product Owner

my tech specs

note: all music is stored on the external drive

4. progen

progen NI Product Owner

Devant, this is just a half arsed suggestion but it'd seem that your RAM's not running at their full potential since I believe one's a 1GB piece and the other's 512 MB. DDR RAM works best when they're both of equal capacity.

5. djmartain

djmartain Forum Member

I have recently bought a 2,5" external harddrive from memorex. But when i used to load tracks from my laptop's internal hd it took only 1 second to load. From the external drive it takes 4 seconds. But it's not always the case. When i explore in a new dir and the load a track it loads much faster but after a while it's back to it's slow loading state. Owyeah, i load track with ctrl and the arrows. Any solutions ?

My laptop is an Acer Ferrari 4000

6. progen

progen NI Product Owner

Be keen to see the answers to this problem. I have used Traktor DJ Studio 2 until Traktor Scratch and have not encountered slow loading even with external drives. Still keeping my fingers crossed.

7. Devant

Devant NI Product Owner

i am still experiencing issues with opening music from my external MyBook 500 gig hard drive. it's often as bad as 10 seconds to load a 9 minute track. Is there some kind of solution in the works for this or what? I like to be able to mix quickly and pull up tracks fast, so this issue is becoming a hinderance to my DJing

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.