Lock rec off and delete patterns

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by Charlz99, Sep 12, 2019.

1. Charlz99

Charlz99 New Member

Hi guys,

Two quick questions for you today:

1. Is there a way to lock the rec to off so it doesn't record by accident?
    Apparently, I tend to hit the rec button when I'm playing live over an Ableton Live session and it creates patterns that play over what I'm playing
    2. Is there a way to delete all patterns at once with the controller?

D-One Any tips?

• Like Like x 1
  2. D-One

D-One Moderator Moderator

Hi.
    Sorry, I dont have a good answer, you can't disable Rec or delete all Patterns at once.
    Perhaps a workaround would be to have an extra group in focus without sounds, but it might not apply depending on what you're doing, if you manage not hit record so often or notice when you do SHIFT+Pad1 is the fastest way to undo.
    This is the sort of thing that is best fixed by just avoiding the mistake, that will come with time and practice.

3. Charlz99

Charlz99 New Member

:( Thank you for the fast answer. I don't even understand how this is even happening but it's happened a couple times already and it then plays the recorded pattern over and over regardless of the group I'm on - playing a multitude of sounds at the same time...

4. D-One

Hum... Chances are you dont notice Rec is On and then move around from Group to Group then later realize you recorded stuff in a Group not currently active/in-focus anymore, otherwise if Pattern MIDI gets recorded to Groups that are not in focus in Maschine then you probably messed around with Machines Sound/Group MIDI IN/OUT settings.

Heres a Tip:
    Go to Preferences - General - Metronome and enable "Auto-Enable When Recording", also put your metronome level at a decent volume; this way if you accidentally hit Rec you will immediately hear the Maschine Metronome and know you messed up, then just do a quick Undo and you're back in business.

5. Charlz99

Charlz99 New Member

Where can I figure out if I messed with the MIDI IN/OUT settings? Let's say I'm on group B and hit record by accident. It will record a pattern and then when I switch to group C it plays the sounds of group C but with the pattern recorded while in group B - makes sense?
    I like your tip but I can't have the metronome play as it would go out on the PA system :eek:

6. D-One

Here for Sounds:
    [​IMG]
    Same applies for the Groups and Input, but I dont think the settings are the issue here, it sounds like the real issue is you pressing record by accident.
    Not really.
    If you hit Rec while in Group B then move to Group C as soon as the Section restarts from the first bar anything you do will be recorded, if theres no pattern a new one will be created to record what you're doing on the Pads.

Humm... I dont want to be rude so dont take this the wrong way, since you mention PA im guessing you're talking about live performance, as a live performer it's your job not to press buttons you're not supposed too. Just like a keyboard player is not supposed to play the wrong notes... Everyone makes mistake tho, it's not the end of the world... I think it's way better to hear a metronome for 2 seconds than a whole pattern feedbacking MIDI triggering things that aren't supposed to be there and creating a mess, but what's worst is up to you.

You can also set the metronome to output to a different channel like headphones for instance but that doesn't sound like a proper solution for your problem.

7. Charlz99

Charlz99 New Member

D-One Haha no offense taken, you're right :)
    My midi settings were good so this is one thing cleared. So let's say it does happen again, is there a way to delete a pattern from the controller or do i need to do it from the plugin?

8. D-One

Doing Undo from the HW once deletes the pattern data, press it again and it deletes the pattern itself, so hold Shift and double-tap Pad1, this is the fastest way afaik.

9. Charlz99

Charlz99 New Member