1. Hi everyone,

Apple just released Logic Pro 10.5 for MacOS 10.15. We found out that Crush Pack, Mod Pack, Replika, and Replika XT will crash.

Our teams are currently working on a fix, and we hope to have this out to you as soon as we can!

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

Lock Scenes (in idea view)

Discussion in 'Feature Suggestions' started by Will Zégal, Jun 30, 2019.

1. Will Zégal

Will Zégal NI Product Owner

Here is the case.

With JAM, I do not use much scenes anymore, but.
    For instance, I have on that is the beginning a a break or a bridge. SO I'm sure to have the good selection of pattern when going to the break without doing knots with my fingers.

So, I have a rehearsal. I play the beginning of the break using the right scene, than I change patterns to go on to the end of the tune.
    But if I decided to change, anything in my song, I will save it of course.

And here it happens : when I open my project next time and come to the break scene, its not the good one anymore, but the state where I was arrived last time I played.

It would be good to be able to "lock" some (or all) scenes so when you save the project, the changes made in theses scene are not saved.
    There could be a warning when saving, like: "You have locked scenes in you project" and two buttons
    "save the actual state" and "keep locked scenes as they where before"
    I'm sure NI guys will find a much better formulation, but it's the idea.

2. D-One

D-One Moderator Moderator

It sounds to me like your issue is a consequence of "not using scenes anymore". In your shoes, I would always keep the original Scene and if I want to make a change I would just duplicate it prior to editing, then decide if I want to only keep one or the two.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Will Zégal

Will Zégal NI Product Owner

That's a workaround. Thanks for the idea, but it looks to me more as a a makeshift job than as a feature.

I'm a bit surprised : Am I the only one in this case ? o_O

4. ParadigMan

ParadigMan New Member

Hi,
    I have exactly the same issue. I work with Maschine Jam and want to prepare a live set Maschine Software. I would love to have the scene button like a snapshot I can return in every moment. But as soon as I start to jam with patterns, my scenes mess up.

NI: It would be really nice to have this lock feature. Otherwise I can't use the scene buttons, because with Jam they doesn't make sense to me.

Regards