1. We're currently conducting systematic tests with the release version of macOS 11 (Big Sur) in order to offer full compatibility of our products as soon as possible. You can find our latest compatibility status - here

Please note that although announced at the same time as macOS Big Sur, Apple Silicon processors are an independent release with separate compatibility concerns for NI products. Compatibility with macOS Big Sur will not yet ensure compatibility with Apple Silicon processors. At the moment, Native Instruments products are not supported on computers with Apple Silicon processors. Read more - here

Dismiss Notice

LOGIC 10.5 SAMPLER V MASCHINE SAMPLER

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by jkq2010, May 17, 2020.

1. jkq2010

jkq2010 New Member

Hello everyone,

The video above has a section where the user initiates flex mode so notes keep time at any tempo regardless of the pitch. Maschine's sampler seems to change speed dependent on pitch which drives me nuts. Is there a similar mode in sampler mode i am missing? Ive used serato sample and though it is a solution there is no glide/portamento function which is frustrating. Any suggestions that dont require me to buy another daw?

Thanks in advance

• Like Like x 1
  2. mezzurias

mezzurias NI Product Owner

Do you have Kontakt? If so you can use that.

3. ALDREAD

ALDREAD NI Product Owner

The logic sampler is looking good , I’ll have to wait till I get my Mac back from repair to try it out

4. skhm

skhm NI Product Owner

Its such a bold move to entirely remove the EXS24 though. Its not even in de legacy plugin list. I am one of those that actually likes that old thing. I downgraded after 10 minutes.

5. ALDREAD

ALDREAD NI Product Owner

I don’t use logic much , so never used exs , so I’m probably not gonna miss much , the whole logic update looks good tho , I definitely think it will be easier to use maschine with it , the new step sequencer , will allow me to use maschine on one midi track for drums instead of messing around with multiple tracks .

6. skhm

skhm NI Product Owner

Sure but the old step sequencer is also removed in favor of the new one, which felt a little buggy.
    Also, I had 2 freezes and 1 white noise burst in less than 10 minutes, while using nothing but the Logic stuff. No 3rd party stuff was even loaded

7. dreddiknight

dreddiknight NI Product Owner

It's backwards compatible with all the old exs24 files though.

8. skhm

skhm NI Product Owner

PS, you don't need multiple MIDI tracks to sequence Maschine. I don't see any difference excpt for the way you input notes, compared to the piano roll

9. StarSMASH

StarSMASH NI Product Owner

are you kidding? i used EXS for ten minutes while looking for a sampler alternative from maschine and immediately went to kontakt. dragging and dropping every single time you want different samples spanned across your keyboard? No thanks. Haven't even used quick sampler yet, but that is the fastest time i've ever noped out of a sampler in my life. That can become too time consuming and tedious if you have more than one sample to work with.

10. ALDREAD

ALDREAD NI Product Owner

It looks a lot neater than the piano roll , more like maschine sound slots, so probably easier on the eye , it looks nicer to edit too

11. skhm

skhm NI Product Owner

the pianoroll isnt hurting my eyes. its very relaxing. it is also lazer fast if you know your keyboard shortcuts.

12. skhm

skhm NI Product Owner

I am not kidding, but I understand the EXS24 isnt for everyone

13. skhm

skhm NI Product Owner

You have to understand 80% of my stuff is done with EXS24 + pianoroll/old step sequencer. For this reason, 10.5 feels like a completely new DAW

14. StarSMASH

StarSMASH NI Product Owner

i understand it's hard to get into something else when you already have familiarity and time invested into another workflow. that's why i'm glad i never got into exs in the first place. That being said, quick sampler still seems to have much more capability than exs and you may just need to adjust with the inital time hammering in your workflow. that being said, i've never used quick sampler.

15. ALDREAD

ALDREAD NI Product Owner

That’s what I’ve been waiting for
    not saying it hurts my eyes , to me it now looks tidier.
    Never been a fan of doing drums in a piano roll , I used cubase which has a drum roll before maschine
    Tbh I only got logic after I sold Cubase because it was cheap , the au midi limitation stopped me from using it with maschine, so Ive not used it much , I don’t really know many keyboard shortcuts, I’ve made a mcu template for the mikro which works ok , I’ll definitely be checking the new version out

16. jkq2010

jkq2010 New Member

thanks for the replies. I ended up getting a plugin called evoxa for all my pitchbending sample goodness and serato sample for conventional sampling. I wish the timestretching attached to the maschine audio plugin was added to the sampler plugin, i dont understand why this didnt happen. Ah well.

17. babymicrobe

babymicrobe NI Product Owner

I’ve been using Logic for a lifetime and I’m new to Maschine. 10.5 is a great update that brings Logic up to a new level, however it is still geared towards being a DAW that you use for carrying out specific tasks rather than a creative tool for quickly putting together ideas. For that I’m really liking some of the more “primitive” aspects of Maschine, such as samples that get pitch shifted over the pads - it’s like going back to using the sampler as a musical instrument. If I need to be surgical I go back to Logic.

Last edited: May 19, 2020