Looking for travel Bag or Case for D2's

Discussion in 'KONTROL D2' started by DjNocturnal916, Oct 12, 2018.

1. DjNocturnal916

DjNocturnal916 New Member

Hey!

I'm looking for the best way to travel between gigs with my D2's.

If possible, I'd love to put them in a backpack or bag but I'm open to putting them in a Pelican case or something similar. Does anyone have any advice, suggestions or experience for lugging two D2's around?

Thanks!

2. jimmyjamesh

jimmyjamesh NI Product Owner

Its far from cool but I have stuck em in a star wars bag for life from teaco with decksavers on lol

3. DjNocturnal916

That sounds like it works.

4. Nick Moon

Nick Moon NI Product Owner

I got one of the NI ones (they appear to have dropped in price as paid more than £30 off eBay recently for mine...) which is nice, but doesn't allow for decksavers as well (my preference is to take them as well when going mobile) or the power supply. A too have used heavy construction supermarket bags+decksavers but didn't know about a Star Wars option :) :) :)

5. jimmyjamesh

6. DjNocturnal916

I have been looking at the NI Cases for the D2 and the Deck Saver option seems like a good way to go.
    I'm not actually sure if i want to take out both my D2's or use both. DO you guys rock with two units?

7. jimmyjamesh

When I use D2's I always use two

I don't take em out v often though these days

8. Nick Moon

Nick Moon NI Product Owner

I have a S8 and a D2+Z1 setup and due to my obsession with changing the screens and adding mods to the controller to get a single D2 woking better it gets used the most! Most of the controller & screen mods I've developed have had the D2 user in mind more than the S8 user. Having made only the A B C D buttons work more logically the single D2 proposition becomes more useable rather than frustrating. Of course the A-C & B-D screen split screen issues sucks. But I think I may have cracked changing that to A-B & C-D... I'll do a new post if I'm successfull... Also I've done a basic prototype of 2 waveforms on the screen at once so may see how far I can take that (video link below)

• Like Like x 1