1. We're currently conducting systematic tests with the release version of macOS 11 (Big Sur) in order to offer full compatibility of our products as soon as possible. You can find our latest compatibility status - here

Please note that although announced at the same time as macOS Big Sur, Apple Silicon processors are an independent release with separate compatibility concerns for NI products. Compatibility with macOS Big Sur will not yet ensure compatibility with Apple Silicon processors. At the moment, Native Instruments products are not supported on computers with Apple Silicon processors. Read more - here

Dismiss Notice

Loop active on/off doesn't work anymore in 2.6

Discussion in 'TRAKTOR PRO / TRAKTOR SCRATCH PRO' started by soepavlamos, Oct 28, 2012.

1. soepavlamos

soepavlamos New Member

Hi there,
    I have a LIVID CNTRL:R i completely mapped for 2.5 for 4 decks external mixing.
    A push encoder per deck is used to (rotate - MIDI CC) set the loop length and (push - MIDI NOTE) activate the loop (toggle), with a LED feedback when activated.

The length setting works fine, the active on/off doesn't work anymore.

I read now that it is linked with Flush on ?

For the sake of test, I mapped a button for Flush on/off, but no cure, although sometimes I managed to activate a loop, but then i seem to need 2 hands to do it.
    Lacking visual feedback of the Flush on/off I'm not very tempted yet to use it, I first want to have my current setup working.

I DON'T use serato because i like to be hardware independent, but if NI continues this track (Flush mode/Remix deck) I'll move sadly away.

Any suggestions ?

2. DJ Freshfluke

DJ Freshfluke Traktor Mod Moderator

the feature you mean is called "FLUX" and has nothing to do with loop activate.

3. Comme Erçial

Comme Erçial New Member

4. soepavlamos

soepavlamos New Member

Fair enough, so how come that loop activate on/off behavour has changed ?
    ---
    Indeed, but I didn't want to hi-jack your post.

5. DJ Freshfluke

actually, i didnt understand your first posting and am not sure what you're trying to achieve.
    but i assume you mean the things discussed here, if so it's by design:
    http://www.native-instruments.com/forum/showthread.php?t=180055

6. lexvankooten

lexvankooten New Member

I have the same

When you go to the controller manager, you have "Interaction Mode" In 2,5,1 you can choose between Toggle, Hold ,Direct. In 2.6.0 you have only "Hold" This is an disaster for you loop-settings. How can you go around this and select Toggle? Or do I have to wait for 2.6.1 ?
    ---
    When you go to the controller manager, you have "Interaction Mode" In 2,5,1 you can choose between Toggle, Hold ,Direct. In 2.6.0 you have only "Hold" This is an disaster for you loop-settings. How can you go around this and select Toggle? Or do I have to wait for 2.6.1 ?

7. soepavlamos

soepavlamos New Member

Hi DJ Freshfluke,

Thanks for searching with me ! But, I'm afraid we are not in sync.
    I'm not sure how I can explain it differently.... I'll try.
    It has nothing to do with cuepoints or flux modes. Just plain looping...

Here I go : I start a song and in the middle of the song I decide, on the spot (so not stored !), to have a 8 bar loop playing for the rest of the year.

In 2.5
    I had a rotary knob to indicate the 8. (for the loop length)
    I had a push button to say : HERE and now I want the loop. (activate)

In 2.6
    I have a rotary knob to indicate the 8. (for the loop length)
    I have the same push button, but nothing happens. There is no "loop activate" happening.

* YES I deleted the previous Controller entry and readded it.)
    * YES, I receive MIDI signals in Traktor
    * YES all the other functionallity is still there and works as before
    (rotary filesearch, browse, select, load, sync, cue point adding deleting, ...
    * YES, I send the correct NOTE on the correct channel.
    * YES I tried to add the action to another button. (to exclude the button was broken)
    * YES the loop activates (in green) when I click on the activate button with my mouse.

Unsure if I explain it sufficient right now, let me know !
    Thanks !
    ---
    ---

I guess this is the one... thank god, I though I was the only one around. I'm still wondering what we do differently then the others... I always play with -on the spot - activated loops, 2, 3, 4 loops at a time. I have no stored loops at all.
    I can't imaging playing any other way.

I'm afraid I already have to start reading into downgrading, seen I have a gig upcoming.... damn.

8. Sigo

Sigo NI Product Owner

Deaktivate the Flux Mode and your Button will work as in 2.5 ! My did it - no Problem !

If you press the Button in Flux Mode you have to hold it down. The loop runs as long as you push" After release the button the track makes a "TIME-jump - Flux mode" to the Trak.
    Maybe at 1.00 Minute you press the loop Button for 8 seconds. In Flux Mode it jumps to 1.08 after release.

9. Kensic

Kensic Forum Member

Hey OP can you verify what "Sigo" suggests.

this is how i set my loop stuff too. i dont want to install 2.6 if what Sigo suggests doesn't work

10. soepavlamos

soepavlamos New Member

Hi Sigo,
    Many thanks for the suggestion but no cigar !
    I assume you mean by 'Deactivate the Flux mode' that I don't see it checked in the dropdown when I click on the Deck letter A / B / C / D. Right ?
    Well that doesn't change the behavour.
    Thank you for the suggestion though, appreciated !
    ---
    CORRECTION ! I got it working...for a minute, but when I restarted it didn't anymore. Really annoying.
    I reset my controller to factory defaults and I could activate and deactivate my loops without problems until I mapped another button.
    Now I understand the flux mode as well... I'm pretty sure there will be a button dedicated for that !

But there is still something else : the startpoint of the loop seems to be my last cue point. (undependent if flux is on or of) Is there something I need to change to make it any point where I'm at the moment ? Like it was in 2.5 ?

Last edited: Oct 30, 2012
  11. Sigo

Sigo NI Product Owner

Check your Mapping .
    I read in a German Tread that the Button must be mapped to "LOOP SET" and "Hold" ?
    But i am not sure if that is right.
    This evening i will check my mapping.

12. soepavlamos

soepavlamos New Member

Thanks again.
    I have to check this, maybe tonight. most likely by the end of the week.
    I really have to sit down and work on it for a while because I really think I'm overlooking something obvious : I had it working correctly for about 10 minutes yesterday on 1 deck. I played a bit with it and even had the flux on and off working and experienced the behaviour and I must admit that it was great ! :)
    And as soon as I mapped some buttons and encoders for the other 3 decks it stopped working again. I couldn't activate the loops anymore and if I activated it with

I'm sure I'm doing something different or wrong but I don't see what.
    I have done this mapping for years now, I can't even remember my first Traktor install, so this is really embarrassing. I mapped Faderfoxes, plain MIDI keyboards, an APC-40 and Vestax VCI-100SE and never experienced this. OK, a LIVID isn't the most straightford controller, but neither is a Faderfox and at the end it is all just plain MIDI, right ?

I have a 2nd macbook pro (completely new, unused and blank for the moment) where I can install a second copy of Traktor pro 2.6 on it, and will map, 1 button at a time, my APC-40 for it. If that works I can dig deeper and change 1 step at a time until I find the issue. Will keep you posted.

13. lexvankooten

lexvankooten New Member

Flux Mode

What is Flux Mode?

14. P1r0

P1r0 New Member

any news?

Hi!
    Any news in this matter?
    I am experiencing the same mapping problem with my APC40.

Had the same problems and aproaches to resolve it with no result.

Just downgraded Traktor to 2.5.1 some weeks ago, but maybe there is any solution for this right now ?

Cheers and thanks for this topic, maybe guys from NI will improve it to be more intuitive to map in next upgrade.

15. beta247

beta247 NI Product Owner

what a pain in the ass. yup no looping for my pad controller and turntables in 2.6 it will not engage. on my S2 and S4 and Twitch 2.6 functions fine with premade .tsi files. If I try and map same functions to another controller it doesn't go. so i'm going to have to forget about remix decks for now and go back to 2.5 cause I need looping more.

16. milesahead

milesahead Forum Member

17. mastermc

mastermc NI Product Owner

sure it works

18. DJ Freshfluke

+1

19. Gustav Edelmann

Gustav Edelmann New Member

Hello everybody! I know this thread is very old, but today in 2018 I had the same Problem with Traktor 2.11.0 and after a hole day just searching for answers, this thread here helped me the most! BUT it doesn't fixed my Problem!

After trying everything (re-installing, older versions, other Controllers, looking into other mappings..) I found out that there is a very safe solution for that problem. The Trick is to create the correct mapping and it will work like all the other NI-Controllers.

Now I will show you, how I did that!

1. Add in the Modifier 1 and mapp it to any button of your Controller. Now, do this settings for the command:

Modifier -> M1
    Value -> 0
    Type -> Button
    Interaction Mode -> Direct
    Set Value to -> 1

2. Add another Modifier 1 and mapp it to the same button of your Controller. Now, do this settings for the command:

Modifier -> M1
    Value -> 1
    Type -> Button
    Interaction Mode -> Direct
    Set Value to -> 0

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Now you change the Value of Modifier 1 with your Button on your Controller between 0 and 1
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Add in the “Loop Set“ Command (Add in -> Deck Common -> Loop -> Loop Set) and mapp it to the same button of your Controller. Now, do this settings for the command:

Modifier -> M1
    Value -> 0
    Type -> Button
    Interaction Mode -> Hold (only possibility, unfortunately)

4. Add in the “Loop Out“ Command (Add in -> Deck Common -> Loop -> Loop Out) and mapp it to the same button of your Controller. Now, do this settings for the command:

Modifier -> M1
    Value -> 1
    Type -> Button
    Interaction Mode -> Trigger

I hope I can help others who come across this problem!

PS: Be sure, that you have all these settings set up for the same device Target (Deck)

Have a nice Day!