1. Hi everyone,

Apple just released Logic Pro 10.5 for MacOS 10.15. We found out that Crush Pack, Mod Pack, Replika, and Replika XT will crash.

Our teams are currently working on a fix, and we hope to have this out to you as soon as we can!

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

Loops Active on load

Discussion in 'KONTROL S5/ KONTROL S8' started by Nir Ziso, Aug 24, 2019.

1. Nir Ziso

Nir Ziso NI Product Owner

2. Nick Moon

Nick Moon NI Product Owner

My thoughts on why you are having problems are MIDI mappings respond to things being pressed on the controller rather than events so in the S4 example "Left Load" means the S4 controller Left Load button. The equivalent for an S8 would look like this I think:

Screenshot 2019-08-25 at 13.50.40.png
    I haven't tested this, and even if it appears to work I would suggest checking the following scenarios:
    1. What will it use for Device Target - the Traktor Device Target is not necessarily the same as what the S8 Deck you are loading a track into. If this is an issue then I don't think creating Deck A/C, Deck B/D etc variants of the above would work. I think this issue could have been easily resolved by NI from day one - if you do a deck change on the controller it mirrors that change by changing the active deck in Traktor.
    2. Is the MIDI [Left/Right].Browse.Encoder.Push transmitted when using only the Track Browser mode or is it also sent when toggling keylock in the KEY popup?

Whilst it was welcomed they added the MIDI mapping functionality for the S8 & D2, I don't think they thought things through 100%. I hope I'm proven wrong :)

3. Nir Ziso

Hey Nick,
    Well , thanks for the advice , but it doesn't work :(

4. Nick Moon

Nick Moon NI Product Owner

Had a go tonight on my D2 (I do most of my development on that)

It switched Loop Active on as soon as Traktor loaded
    I needed to uncheck Override factory map
    Every time I pushed BROWSE it toggled Loop Active

This is way worse than I'd expected. Unless I've missed something, the potential uses are going to be very limited apart from the dedicated MIDI controls being used to carry out some basic functions/macros. If NI added a mass of D2/S8 context to the Modifier Conditions then it would have some potential to have the control and Traktor working in harmony.

The original MIDI implementation for the D2 & S8 was just not thought out at all. The new functionality is worse because on paper it looked like tNI had corrected that.

So frustrating there's so little progress on the EU Planned Obsolescence legislation.

5. Nir Ziso

If we can find a way to make automatically SHIFT + LOOP after the track was loaded , It should get the job done.

6. Stevan

Stevan NI Product Owner

There is "Load, Loop and Play" command available in the Controller Manager.

If you don't wish it to play just map Play=0 on button Invert.

7. Nir Ziso

I want the opposite of what you understood.
    I want the loop to be active automatically when the track starts.

8. Stevan

Stevan NI Product Owner

OP: "which makes loop ACTIVE on track load event?"

No I didn't.