Loud Pop when turning On or Off MK3 using The onboard audio Interface

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by Johnnie O, Nov 1, 2018.

1. Johnnie O

Johnnie O New Member

I have Contacted Support with no answers just Canned garbage..
    With the MK3 connected to my PreSonus Eris E5, When I turn the MK3 Off or On I get a very Loud POP. and I do mean very loud pop..
    When I use the Scarlett 2i2 no issues no pops
    Does anyone have this issue?? What to do..

Thanks

2. Mr36

Mr36 NI Product Owner

Turn your monitors off first. A lot of interfaces and audio devices e.g., mixers cause a pop when turning on/off when connected to live speakers .

3. hlf

hlf NI Product Owner

It's basics mate, doesn't matter which interface pops or not, you always turn on/off your audio interface while the speakers are off.

4. D-One

D-One Moderator Moderator

Yeah, a lot of gear does this.
    I have my speakers connected to a separate power strip with an On/Off switch, it's close to my feet so I just use my toe to turn it off/on lol... It's more practical than reaching behind the speakers. If you're a crafty person you can glue it to the underside of your desk, been meaning to do that for ages...

5. JesterMgee

JesterMgee NI Product Owner

I use to have an old Soundcraft mixer which caused a massive thump when switched on and off. The issue was I had all my audio gear connected to a master switch that I designed to switch on/off all the gear with a simple toggle switch on the desk and a relay. I ended up designing a small delay circuit just for the monitors so they switched on about 5 seconds after everything else. Not something everyone has the knowledge to do but the idea was from an old Technics component amp that had a delay inbuilt which would connect the speakers after a few seconds for this same reason.

6. Supercreative

Supercreative NI Product Owner

I like that POP. Meanwhile it‘s normal for me. It remebers me always to switch off the monitors first... :D

• Funny Funny x 1
Tags: