LSKlang Love

Discussion in 'REAKTOR' started by aboxclaude, Nov 7, 2019.

1. aboxclaude

aboxclaude NI Product Owner

I have been playing around with this synth quite a bit, and it gave me a few ideas for creating a 'remixed' version. But I have some questions about how to go about it, as some parts of the structure seem a bit alien to me. But if what i have in my head works, it can be EPIC! LOL.

At least for me.

I am convinced this is one of the hidden gems of the user library. But I digress, here's what I'd love to do...

1. Make it so each OSC is capable of being panned. The filter can be removed, as I will be sending them to a stereo LPG instead, which then feeds the rest of the synth. I have modified it a bit and love where it is going, but it would be nice to have an OSC / ENV stereo out version with no effects. This way you patch it into other devices and such...

2. This is how I've been using it thus far (but stereo DCOs would be so much better)

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/reaktor-community/reaktor-user-library/entry/show/13181/

Attached Files:

• LSK.png
      LSK.png
      File size:
      443.8 KB
      Views:
  2. Pixelttuner

Pixelttuner New Member

Hi there! :) Glad you're trying to expand on my synth. I'll go and check it out this weekend.

edit: Oh wait, this just links to mine haha. :p

3. aboxclaude

Hahahaha. sorry. I put the link there so other people could give it some love. Here's the ENS I've been playing with... Warning: I break rules of blocks vs Core... You will see I've made a variety of sounds for it already... This version, in the end, seems to be doing everything I want.. EXCEPT for the ability to pan the DCOs.. or have a multi-out for them... :)

Attached Files:

4. Pixelttuner

Pixelttuner New Member

You made some nice snaps! It sounds good with the fuzz as well haha. Panning the oscillators shouldn't be too hard to implement? I'm currently working on a new ensemble with two parallel pannable filters and I just use the stereo mixer for that. In case of the Klang you can do the same and just put a stereo mixer pre filter and you're done.

5. Paule

Paule NI Product Owner

Random Seeder.png
    Please set the random seeder to mono phone.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Pixelttuner

Pixelttuner New Member

Hey Paule, thanks for noticing this! However, there doesn't really seem to be a change to the random functionality when I make this mono? I flipped between mono & poly smashed the random button for a bit but the result is kind of the same? Don't know what's the deal with that.

I'll update the ensemble anyway because error messages are bad :)

7. aboxclaude

Sorry for the late reply... Between shows and such I've been quite the busy bee... So questions...

1. Can the LFO speed go really slow? How would this be done? This is because, in playing with the looping envelopes, it would be awesome to make the loops go very slow. Is this just messing with the LFO itself?

2. I would love to make it so certain things could be modulated externally, say by an outside LFO or something. Even though it is not a 'blocks' type thing, it would be so cool to modulate things externally.
    3. Would you consider a custom version of this synth? You can DM me with what something like this would cost, and I would figure it out on my end... Yes, I love this thing that much that I want a white label version just for myself. LOL

8. Paule

Paule NI Product Owner

Set range to a small number

9. aboxclaude

I set it to the slowest number, but it does not seem to change by much. Could be a limitation of the LFO used in core.

10. Paule

Paule NI Product Owner

upload_2019-11-26_2-14-54.png
    In Illusions of Sound I use a button-list to switch in VLFO (very low freq osc)

11. Pixelttuner

Pixelttuner New Member

1. Like Paule said, set the lowest speed very low to begin with. However, it's also an input thing. If you set the lfo at a low speed and then loop something you can't get it to go a lot slower. If you set the lfo speed higher and then play/loop something at the same tempo you played it at the low speed you'll be able to loop it at a way lower speed. So play around with that :)

2. I just do this in Ableton tbh and that works for me.

3. I think it's great that you enjoy this synth as much as you do, but I don't really have the time or the skills to do custom jobs. It's more of a hobby and I'm figuring this **** out as I go when I have the time :p The Klang is basically a string of happy accidents but I'm flattered you asked though :)

12. aboxclaude

hmm.. Maybe I'm going about it all wrong.. the LFO sets the env speed... Paule if I uploaded what I've done thus far, could you take a look? Pretty please. :)

13. Paule

Paule NI Product Owner

Sure - if I understand the ens. I pm you.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2019