M. Pilyavskiy - Sine bank based spectral drawer - save snaps?

Discussion in 'REAKTOR' started by willieraylewis, Jan 6, 2020.

1. willieraylewis

willieraylewis NI Product Owner

2. poet666d

poet666d New Member

Snapshots save fine with the ensemble.

Standard procedure.
    click on where it says "instrument" at the top of the ensemble
    press F2 to open the preset browser.
    Right click where it says "Embedded" and choose "New Bank"
    Make your sounds, and when happy click "Add" at the bottom left to add snapshots to the bank, give it a name and press enter to finish adding that snapshot.

When done, save the entire ensemble as a new one - you can overwrite it or save as a new one with a name like _withsnapshots.ens etc if you like.

It's the saving as a new ensemble that threw me for a good while.

3. willieraylewis

Thank you poet666d,

This method normally works. But for this ensemble, when I draw in harmonics, write that setting to a new snapshot, and then change snapshots (within the "instrument"), the snapshot changes, but the harmonics that I drew in stay the same. I made two snaps within the instrument, and switching between them leaves the harmonics page unchanged. In fact if I press the "Clear" button, which clears out the drawn harmonics, and then reload the snapshot, it stays clear.

4. willieraylewis

I can verify here also that the "controls" section (Low Freq/High Freq) knobs do change with the snapshot, but the spectral harmonics drawings do not.

5. Paule

Paule NI Product Owner

Is it a mouse area where you draw? If yes you need a snap value module to save your paintings.

6. willieraylewis

Paule- Yes, it is a mouse area. But I have no idea how to add that module; is it an easy thing to do? I am not so good with building ensembles!

7. Paule

Paule NI Product Owner

Not for me. A simple Snap value behind the X and Y don't works. If you know a person working with Event Tables who can tell you a way in wich way you save the events there .. or working with Snap Value Array?
    If you'll learn by yourself study ensembles with ma and Event Table and/ or Snap Value Array.
    At the moment I can't help you.

• Like Like x 1
  8. willieraylewis

Thanks for trying to help Paule. I tried to email Michael (if I got the right address) and see what happens from there.

9. Paule

Paule NI Product Owner

10. poet666d

poet666d New Member

Apologies, my misreading mistake.
    I couldn't actually test the sounds, the gf was ill and complaining about the "loud beeping noises" causing her headache. :)