1. We're currently conducting systematic tests with the release version of macOS 11 (Big Sur) in order to offer full compatibility of our products as soon as possible. You can find our latest compatibility status - here

Please note that although announced at the same time as macOS Big Sur, Apple Silicon processors are an independent release with separate compatibility concerns for NI products. Compatibility with macOS Big Sur will not yet ensure compatibility with Apple Silicon processors. At the moment, Native Instruments products are not supported on computers with Apple Silicon processors. Read more - here

Dismiss Notice

Mac Users: I just need a default setting that wont have audio drop outs

Discussion in 'TRAKTOR PRO / TRAKTOR SCRATCH PRO' started by scoobycarolan, Apr 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scoobycarolan

scoobycarolan NI Product Owner

So I am plaged by the 25% CPU at rest with the audio drop out bonus that a lot of Mac users have had. I'll put my specs below. Can any one on the SAME or SIMILAR machine post their settings that they KNOW WITHOUT A DOUBT hasn't caused audio dropouts. Not trying to be a jerk, but I cant keep experimenting here.

MacBook Pro late 2008
    2.53ghz Core2Duo
    4 GB Ram
    TSP2 & Audio10 with 2 Deck Vinyl control
    Deck C&D disabled
    Key Lock on HI-Q

2. fella

fella NI Product Owner

Weird, I have no dropouts at 1.5/44.1 or 1.3/48
    I only get glitches when 96hz is selected with a low latency.
    Still in Osx 64 bit mode what you said.

Only difference is that I use the audio 8 card.
    Could be that your audio 10 driver has to be finetuned.
    Do you have another N.I. card for testing?

3. luisfmoreira

luisfmoreira Forum Member

Fella are u using control vinyl? The audio drops seem to be caused by using key lock + control vinyl. If I use both settings I get drops on all sample rates from minimum buffer up to 512 - so its unusable.

MBP 2,66 early 2009
    4GB of ram lots of free space
    A8DJ

4. fella

fella NI Product Owner

Yes, I use Timecode vinyl and keylock.
    See my screenshots in Technical Issues.
    Sofar I had 1 crash in the beginning.
    Cpu Load is high, but even when pushed into the red there are no dropouts or glitches.
    When I'm at home I'll post the firmware of my cards, maybe that is different?

5. luisfmoreira

luisfmoreira Forum Member

That happens to me 2, even when the processeor peaks the sound doesn't suffer anything most of the times. BTW check the activity monitor. IF When TSP 2 peaks it doesn't peak on the activity monitor there is no distortion ! I think TSP2 may be reading the cpu use wrong.

6. scoobycarolan

scoobycarolan NI Product Owner

Even with keylock off and nothing running the app uses 25-29% of CPU. I'll try turning Keylock off tonight and see if that helps solve my dropouts. I posted a lot of console logs in the Tech section and it definitely seems Driver related.
    ---
    I'm also gonna switch back to Audio8 tonight.

7. Sesso

Sesso New Member

I have perfect sound with 96 and 5ms latency with vinyl on a mac pro. with 4g ram its the mid 2010 version though.

Will the music literally cut out? Its never happened to me.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2011
  8. dj_PK

dj_PK Forum Member

I had second time the dropouts yesterday night, that was not fun. Latency is 4.4ms, 44100, using controllers (cdj2000s and djm2000 as sound card). This is a second time TP2 does that in the middle of a gig. TP1 had never that problem. At that time only 1 deck was playing. After that, using 3 decks+ samples, all fine...

Any ideas ?

EQ specs in the signature.
    PK

9. SirReal

SirReal NI Product Owner

@Scoobycarolan

Have you tried using a different usb input for your audio10?

10. fella

fella NI Product Owner

Ok, after some heavy system stress testing this weekend I did not got any drop out at 1.5/44.1khz processing latency.

But I noticed when I played a loop in one deck, and scratched the other deck, sometimes the loop began too sound like a chipmunk once in a while.
    Also there were some usb streaming errors in the audio 8 panel.

Changed the latency 2.9/44.1khz and above issue was gone and 0 streaming errors.
    Both my audio 8 cards have the same firmware:24

Tested with the latest audiodriver that came with TSP2 and with the driver that I always use and never gave my any problems 2.3.14, results are the same.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.