1. We're currently conducting systematic tests with the release version of macOS 11 (Big Sur) in order to offer full compatibility of our products as soon as possible. You can find our latest compatibility status - here

Please note that although announced at the same time as macOS Big Sur, Apple Silicon processors are an independent release with separate compatibility concerns for NI products. Compatibility with macOS Big Sur will not yet ensure compatibility with Apple Silicon processors. At the moment, Native Instruments products are not supported on computers with Apple Silicon processors. Read more - here

Dismiss Notice

MacBook Pro CPU overload

Discussion in 'Technical Issues (Archive)' started by katieglam, Apr 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. katieglam

katieglam New Member

Hey Guys,

So I recently updated from Traktor Pro to Traktor Scratch 2 Duo so I can use Traktor when playing at gigs.

I've been using it for about a week without problems. The past couple days, though, the CPU indicator at the top of Traktor is almost always in red. Traktor keeps skipping and freezing.

I tried installing the latest updates on my computer.

Any other suggestions as to why this could be happening? It's very frustrating & doesn't sound very pretty.

Thanks!

2. téa

téa NI Product Owner

May I introduce you to the forum search button? XD

Also, that is not CPU. That is audio processing load.

3. katieglam

katieglam New Member

I looked up similar posts, none of them solved my problem :/

Anyone?

4. luisfmoreira

luisfmoreira Forum Member

it's traktor aids! there is no solution yet!

5. katieglam

katieglam New Member

so i'm guessing getting more RAM won't solve it either? i'm totally willing to go out & get some but i don't want to be stuck with it if it's not what i need.

6. téa

téa NI Product Owner

We dont know what computer you are using, as you have not posted up your system specs. Put your specs in you sig so it is easier to help you.

7. Tim_80

Tim_80 New Member

hi guys,

I´ve got exactly the same problem with my traktor scratch duo 2.
    The CPU-indicator is also staying in the red area most of the time. Traktor keeps skipping and freezing.
    My system: Peckardbell Notebook T6600 Core 2 Duo 2,2 GHZ, 4 GB Ram, 320 GB HD, 1GB graphic. Besides Win7 premium 64 bit and traktor 2, there´s nothing installed.
    I´ve also recovered my system, but it didn´t help.
    My audio 4 DJ setup is 44100 Hz samplerate, 512 samples process buffer, 4 ms USB-buffer.

HELP! It sucks...

8. johndoehizzle

johndoehizzle Forum Member

9. katieglam

katieglam New Member

i'm working with my macbook pro.
    2.26 gHz, 2 GB 1067 MHz
    traktor running at 44000 sample rate
    using traktor scratch duo

also having another HUGE problem

numark mixdeck will work for awhile, then the cpu overload and skipping starts

followed by traktor completely freezing, and my computer not recognizing the mixdeck.

this is extremely frustrating as now i can't rely on either to bring to shows.

i've tried re-intalling numark mixdeck's driver and firmware
    and re-installing traktor...
    there is something majorly wrong with the communication via usb
    HELP!

10. djwilldb_brazil

djwilldb_brazil NI Product Owner

Hello friends, I have the same problem and my MacBook Pro is the same. 2.26ghz, 2GB Ram DDR3. I am using the update to Traktor Scratch Pro 2 + NI Audio 8. I am very disappointe, because I have always indicated to my friends, Serato´s users, and now, I have this surprise.:eek:

11. n.levek

n.levek Forum Member

2gb of ram doesnt seem to be enough. my buddy is running his flawlessly on a mac pro with 4 gb ram. I've only got 2 gb and see spikes like most here... but im using tsp 1 and waiting patiently for an update and / or the cash to buy a better machine.

12. djwilldb_brazil

djwilldb_brazil NI Product Owner

I dont believe that 4gb can solve the problem. I am using TSPro (one) since December 2009 in this mac and never had problem. My boos have a MacPro too, but with a better processor and 4gb, running a TSP2 very well. But, the question is, Every time that NI have announce a new Traktor, I will be forced to buy a new computer?
    ---
    I will change my MacBook, of course, but the idea is change when I think to need, no only when one software force me to do this. I hope that NI dont make mistakes and can fix quickly or they will to lose many users to Serato.

13. n.levek

n.levek Forum Member

Not at all. TSP2 is a much larger program than TSP 1. It seems like its something that was overlooked and i can assure you that a company like NI is working hard to come up with an update that will correct everyones issue.

It's simple that 2G of ram cant handle the program. And if youre sayin your buddy has a pro with the faster processor... that should tell you that it is the 4gb of ram that would solve it...

Also your computer should be able to handle 4 gb of ram. I would upgrade for the sake of your computer and running the software if you can't wait for an update.

14. richypc

richypc New Member

The official minimum required specs, as posted on this very website are as follows:

Windows* XP (latest Service Pack, 32 Bit), Windows Vista*/Windows* 7 (latest Service Pack, 32/64 Bit),
    Intel* Pentium 4* 2.4 GHz or Intel* Core™ Duo or AMD Athlon™ 64, 2 GB RAM

Mac OS* X 10.5 or 10.6 (latest update), Intel* Core™ Duo, 2 GB RAM

It's not his computer that is the issue its shoddy programming, it would be nice if the dj community in general had a better understand of modern computers, we would get a lot less, "dude its your computer thats the problem" when its not.

15. sajby

sajby NI Product Owner

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.