Macbook Pro + Traktor Pro + NI X1's + Xone DB2 Glitching....

Discussion in 'TRAKTOR PRO / TRAKTOR SCRATCH PRO' started by sjp81, May 27, 2013.

1. sjp81

sjp81 Forum Member

Hi Guys,

Brand New setup. New macbook pro i7 quad core with ssd drive. Im using a Xone DB2 mixer as my interface with two ni x1's. Sometimes mid set there is a slight audio drop out. Anybody experiencing these problems? Im very disappointed with Native instruments. Ive tried top of the line PC's top of the Line Macbooks and i ALWAYS ALWAYS get some sort of glitch or drop out. This dropout doesnt seem to be as bad as when I was running a PC but its a drop out nonetheless. Anybody know whats going on here?

thanks

Sheldon

2. ekwipt

ekwipt NI Product Owner

Are you using the DB2 as the soundcard, might be related to USB3 and DB2 so not actually a Traktor problem.

What's the latency set to? Anything under 256 could cause problems

3. sjp81

sjp81 Forum Member

Hi,

Yes im using the DB2 as the soundcard. I just set my latency higher its sitting at like 320 or 21.7ms . But traktor is stalling not the DB2 . But who knows maybe its the DB2 stalling traktor. Are you using the same setup? Im gonna try this new setting and report back with something more concrete.

thx

4. sjp81

sjp81 Forum Member

Ive experimented with the latency and Ive had one drop out in the last 2 days. Im not near my computer but im pretty sure my latency is like 25ms or 24ms something like that. The drop outs have lessened to some degree. I guess i should try raising the latency a little more to see if I can manage no drop outs? You would think buying a top of the line system would prevent this kind of thing from happening. The optimization of my laptop is at its max in terms of system settings. I recently adjusting the behaviour of the computer e.g. hard sleep time computer sleep time etc. So ill try a higher setting. Anybody experiencing the same thing with a similar setup?

regards

5. ekwipt

ekwipt NI Product Owner

I don't have a similar setup but thought it would be latency, sound like A&H need to tweak the firmware for mac drivers (I'm assuming USB plug n play)

FYI I get no noticeable dropouts with a 2010 MBP and NI Audio10

6. frankle

frankle NI Product Owner

A few weeks ago I took our display DB2 out to a gig to test out and had the same thing happen, high load levels and usdio drops every 20-30 seconds. It was lucky I took my Z2 with me as well, plugged it in and everything was back to normal.

I questioned it on the Xone forums but no-one seems to have a clue over there. They're more comcerned about posting videos od who's seen using their stuff.

My first issue with the DB2 were the higher (than every other soundcard/mixer) Output Latency, at 192 samples (48k) it was 11 ms, where as the A8DJ and S4 were at 5.7, the Pioneer DJM850/900 is at 2ms, and my RME Babyface sits at 1.3ms. It simply comes down to bad drivers.

The next issue is the periodic pause/drop in the sound and high load meter. I found that running on battery was more susceptible to higher loads, when plugged into power it didn't seem to happen as often. The intermittent drop in audio seems to be USB buffer related and so once again the drivers come into question ...

In comparison, I use a DJM850 and 2 x CDJ2000NXS installed at one of my gigs, plus my X1, all running off a single USB on my MacBook Air via a passive little Logitech 4 port hub ... The DJM is soundcard, the rest control my 4 decks. No issues with high load, no audio drops, rock solid week in week out.

7. jdownesbaird

jdownesbaird Forum Member

Does anyone have any updated information on the driver situation with the DB2 soundcard and Traktor? I just ordered the DB2 to use with Traktor (hasn't even shipped yet) and now I'm finding that people are having latency and audio drop out issues. Is this a widespread problem? There isn't really any good information over at the Xone forums.

8. Ferluno01

Ferluno01 New Member

This is late but out of curiosity, were you guys connecting the usb from your DB2 directly to your Macbook? I was having an issue with my DB4 where it would show up in my list of sound devices for a second then it would disappear rapidly over and over and over. I was connecting directly from my DB4 to my Macbook Pro when this was happening but once I connected the DB4 through a powered USB hub all was good after that.