Macbook pro z2 connection problems

Discussion in 'KONTROL Z2' started by lyricalbtynesia, Apr 20, 2015.

1. lyricalbtynesia

lyricalbtynesia New Member

Hello All
    ive seen a couple of bits on this before but no real answer.Im disabled dj im using latest traktor latest drivers with a brand new i7 Macbook pro with 16gb ram 500gb ssd every morning i turn on Traktor software and z2 mixer (tried both ways manytimes) and the hardware and software wont connect i have to repeatedly turn both on and off a good 4/5 times them it will randomly connect this is very annoying and looks so unprofessional could somone please give me the correct fix or work around so my connections (hardware/software)
    Any help would be great lyricalb26@gmail.com

2. Southpaw14

Southpaw14 Member

That's odd. What OS you running on Mac, and what version of Traktor?? Have you tried going into the settings panel > Kontrol Z2 > Reset All Hardware. Or some title like that. There's a reset crossfader, reset faders, and then a master reset under the Z2 settings. I would try the Master Reset, it may help. Don't think it can hurt anything really…

Other than that I would suggest removing the Z2 from your Controller Mappings panel. And then going through Setup Wizard and re-adding it again.

3. NC PREEDY

NC PREEDY New Member

Have the same problem ! By the way have you noticed that you won't also get a audio signal either ? Try pugging in any audio device like a CD player or a iPone to a input and see if you get a single. I have just seen there is also other people on here posting about this same issue. When you turn the mixer on it won't connect to the computer, and you won't get a audio signal either ! NI have not replied to the other post with an answer !!! And the one post is 2 years old, the other is from this year.....

4. Southpaw14

Southpaw14 Member

Have you both tried using a different USB cable? That's probably not the solution, but just curious. Also you could try loading from a previous .TSI settings file when you find a specific one that works. Wonder if it's a corrupted file or something like that.

I typically have Traktor open before I plug my Z2 in, and the Z2 is usually always on before plugging it in. Then I just have to disable 'thru mode' on each deck and good to go.

5. DJ WiZy

DJ WiZy New Member

I have exactly the same problem... still didn't find a solution. Opened a ticket with NI now... my z2 is brand new, couple of days old. Will be returning it if they don't solve this problem.

6. Southpaw14

Southpaw14 Member

7. DJ WiZy

DJ WiZy New Member

The only drivers available are for Windows? where could I get the Mac drivers? :/ My Service center also says my mixer Firmware is 51 and the latest available is 42 ??

8. Southpaw14

Southpaw14 Member

My mistake, I meant to say "Device Updater".

9. DJ WiZy

DJ WiZy New Member

alright i'll do it. Thank you for your help :)

10. NC PREEDY

NC PREEDY New Member

Sent mine back to the shop, also emailed them a video to show and prove there is a problem with it. A week later they sent me a brand new one.
    My advice is to make a video so you have proof there is a issue with the mixer. This is not a software/drive/update problem ! Its a manufacturing problem !

11. DJ WiZy

DJ WiZy New Member

I opened a ticket already, waiting on their response, will send them my video as well :) Thanks for the heads up

12. djchrislee

djchrislee Forum Member

I have the same problem, it started last night and I have just installed the latest driver now. All the lights come on but traktor says it's not connected. Win7 system. I've emailed NI, hope it's not a manufacturer issue because mine is now about six weeks old. Anyone got a solution to his problem that everyone seems to be having?

13. DJ WiZy

DJ WiZy New Member

this is getting out of hand already. :/ Just tried to connect my mixer now, had to turn ON and off 14 times !!!! Until the mixer detected an USB connection..

14. Southpaw14

Southpaw14 Member

Yea that's ridiculous! Are you on Windows too? Or which OSX? Just curious

• Like Like x 1
  15. DJ WiZy

DJ WiZy New Member

" Hello Nelson Morais,

regarding the different firmware:
    the higher firmware 51 is basically a slightly modified firmware 42 for newer
    devices, so don´t worry about that. I am sorry for the confusion.

According to your error description i would rteplace the device by another device.
    In order to proceed with your query we would need the following information:

- The device ID from the bottom of the device (alphanumeric, e.g., "MA2...",
    "NITKS4...", not(!) the 25-digit number please).

- A copy of the purchase invoice, sent as attachment to your next mail response.
    In case you have bought the product directly from NI through the NI Online Shop,
    it is sufficient to send us the order number.

- Please let us know from which country you would return the device to us (in case
    a return would become necessary).

Please do not return any devices before you have explicitly received authorization
    and instructions for returning.

Thank you.

Best regards
    Leopold, Native Instruments Support Team "

Tech support just wrote me that. For all having problems I would recommend opening a ticket. I tried everything everyone told me to, even tried my Mac mini to see if the problem was with my Macbook. Problem persists. :/

OSX Yosemite :)

16. Southpaw14

Southpaw14 Member

good to know @DJ WiZy. I'm still running mountain Lion, and don't really have much reason to switch.

17. Southpaw14

Southpaw14 Member

So did you get a replacement? Also when the Z2 does connect, does it start in 'Direct Thru' Mode and you have to click both Traktor buttons at the top?

Last edited: Sep 23, 2015