1. IMPORTANT:
    We launched a new online community and this space is now closed. This community will be available as a read-only resources until further notice.
    JOIN US HERE
NOTICE:

Our Traktor Pro Public Beta is available again in our new online community. Join us if you want to try new features.

MORE INFO

New MacBookPro 14" Traktor does not start/shut down properly. Unusable on Mac12.0.1

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by c0nsul, Nov 2, 2021.

1. c0nsul

c0nsul NI Product Owner

Hey, I´m on the new MacBook Pro 14" (32GB RAM/ M1Pro) with Monterey 12.0.1. Traktor 3.5.2.285 does not start and/or shut down properly.
    Traktor starts hanging and the beachball of doom acts strange. When moving the beachball it spins slowly, leaving it on a spot it stops spinning.

I made a video with the issue and compared the behavior on an old MacBook Pro 13" (late 2013) (Catalina10.15.7 /16GB/ i5 2,4 GHz). On the old intel Macbook everything works fine.
    00:00 - 01:44 Macbook 14" (2021) // 01:44 - 02:52 MacBook 13" (late 2013)

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. c0nsul

c0nsul NI Product Owner

No success after re-installing Traktor. Tried version 3.4.2 and 3.5 (official release and latest beta .285). Can't get Traktor running on Monterey 12.0.1 and 12.1 (beta) with the new M1Pro-Macbook. :(

3. nova

nova New Member

same here, i have the 16" 2021 M1 Pro just picked it up a few days ago. except i cant get past the beatport link at the startup- get a spinning wheel that never stops

4. Dan Gorman

Dan Gorman New Member

Same issue here 14" mbp m1 max w/. 64GB

5. Allan @ NI

Allan @ NI New Member

Hey guys, would you please try to disable multi core support, the open is under preferences->audio devices at the bottom. Please let us know if this causes any changes thank you

• Like Like x 1
  6. Dan Gorman

Dan Gorman New Member

Is there a way in a config file to make this change. Super unstable on the MBP 14" even starting...

7. Dan Gorman

Dan Gorman New Member

I was able to finally get it started and disabled, checking now.

8. Allan @ NI

Allan @ NI New Member

Yes it is on line 397 of the tsi file you can change
    <Entry Name="Status.Multicore Support" Type="5" Value="1"></Entry>
    to
    <Entry Name="Status.Multicore Support" Type="5" Value="0"></Entry>

9. Dan Gorman

Dan Gorman New Member

Seems much better now (reliably open / close ) with the multi-core support disabled! Also verified with beta 3.5.2.285, works reliably with multi-core support disabled.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2021
  10. Bellavista Selector

Bellavista Selector New Member

Pretty much same boat here. Timecode Vinyl just a dream atm

11. c0nsul

c0nsul NI Product Owner

After disabling multi core support, Traktor starts up. But, I had two crashes after this. Wasn't able to reproduce yet.
    Now, while analyzing my collection, Traktors waveforms are stuttering. I guess this is due to no multi core support a the moment.
    Will report back after my collection und settings are set up.

After some hours of music I can say, the workaround works. Hope there will be a fix soon.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2021
  12. Bellavista Selector

Bellavista Selector New Member

Great Man!

13. bill_2

bill_2 New Member

Hello from me, I just bought the apple macbook 16 m1 pro and I have a problem with traktor 3.5.1, can you tell me how to turn off the multicore as you say and which one above? somewhat detailed if you can because I am also a beginner .. thank you

14. Dan Gorman

Dan Gorman New Member

If you scroll up in the thread the instructions both tell you how in the UI as well as manually if you cannot get the app to start.

15. c0nsul

c0nsul NI Product Owner

Go to Traktor preferences into Audio Setup. Untick multi core processor support.

Bildschirmfoto 2021-11-11 um 01.30.41.png

• Like Like x 2
  16. bill_2

bill_2 New Member

thanks
    I managed to fix the command and the beatport does not start and also has a problem in the resolution when I make the traktor full-screen makes a bottom line colorful .. When will we have a complete version for better operation? 3.5.2 is more stable? now he does this to me> picture below, he does not read the collections at all!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 11, 2021
  17. Pat Rick

Pat Rick New Member

Thanks for this tip. It works ! But this morning, S4 MKII was not recognized on the first try. Unplugged, plugged back in, and everything worked!

18. cazco

cazco New Member

Same problem. Traktor worked just once, now it hangs on the “continue without Link” every time. Tried hitting Login to get in but no luck. Any updates to fix this coming soon?

19. stevejobszs

stevejobszs New Member

where is that tsi file located? opened Traktor's package contents (right clicked the app and clicked "show package contents") and there is no tsi file, and traktor hangs and crashes before i can open the preferences to turn off multicore

EDIT: found it, for anyone else who comes here with the same problem it's in [your username or iCloud Drive]->Documents->Native Instruments->Traktor 3.5.2->Traktor Settings.tsi, open it with TextEdit and cmd+F search for "Multicore" and you'll find it. i also set “Streaming.Beatport.DontShowDialog” to 1 so that BeatPort Link box would stop showing up and traktor opened normally. hope the multicore issue gets fixed with 3.5.3, and i pray the Traktor team is working on a native Apple Silicon version

Last edited: Dec 30, 2021