1. We're currently conducting systematic tests with the release version of macOS 11 (Big Sur) in order to offer full compatibility of our products as soon as possible. You can find our latest compatibility status - here

Please note that although announced at the same time as macOS Big Sur, Apple Silicon processors are an independent release with separate compatibility concerns for NI products. Compatibility with macOS Big Sur will not yet ensure compatibility with Apple Silicon processors. At the moment, Native Instruments products are not supported on computers with Apple Silicon processors. Read more - here

Dismiss Notice

Machine+ Issues

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by Oliver McVey, Oct 19, 2020.

1. Oliver McVey

Oliver McVey New Member

Hi guys,

I've been using my Maschine + this weekend and have noticed a couple of issues/bugs.
    • Crackling audio when playing sounds and patterns. This occurs on init/user projects as well as sounds, groups and projects from Maschine/NI expansions
    • Some Maschine/NI expansion projects won't load. I select a project, click load, I then get a busy/loading screen for a minute or so and then it just reverts to a new/blank project. Power cycling seemed to resolve the issue.
    Are these issues anything to worry about?
    Has anyone else experienced similar issues?
    Are these issues registered bugs or is there something wrong with my Maschine + unit?

Cheers,
    O

2. Stefan vanL

Stefan vanL NI Product Owner

Did you run the latest update?

System version : 1.2.13.5
    Maschine version : 2.12.0
    Firmware : 0.1.6

You can find the updates here on the M+:
    Settings button on the M+ -> System

3. Ultradb

Ultradb New Member

I have an issue with crackles, Haven't tried to load every expansion so maybe have that too. you should contact support about it. Looks like the crackling issue is not that uncommon

4. fmq

fmq NI Product Owner

Maybe you should try a factory reset.This worked well for quite some issues already (for other user.)

5. Mariana @ NI

Mariana @ NI NI Team NI Team

Hi Oliver McVey,

Thanks for reporting these! The first one is a known issue that was already addressed and should be fixed in the next release.

Regarding the second issue, did you experience it again after power cycling?

6. tetsuneko

tetsuneko NI Product Owner

Hi,
    great to hear that a new firmware update is already planned!
    Is there any info about improvements to issues with Reaktor plugin losing its audio output in M+?

I understand if you cannot give an estimate on when to expect this update.
    It will come when its ready, better to have it good than soon.

Thanks

7. Mariana @ NI

Hi tetsuneko.
    Reaktor shouldn't be losing its audio input. We had that issue in version 1.2.8 but this shouldn't happen in later versions. Can you check if your unit is up to date?

8. tetsuneko

Yes, sure. here is my version info. Just checked and the system claims to be "up to date".

I have at least one project which never outputs sound from its Reaktor plugin once loaded. I need to manually change preset back and forth to get the plugin outputting sound again. I can send the project file for further analysis if required. It uses the "Amalgam Wobble" preset from the Reaktor Factory Selection.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 22, 2020
  9. Mariana @ NI

10. tetsuneko

The problem manifests on every reload and indeed reloading the plugin + preset fixes the problem until next reload. So you are suggesting that somehow my authorization process of Reaktor plugin has been left in a corrupted state? That sounds very peculiar as to my understanding all Reaktor related resources were preinstalled by NI and were all installed before I even activated my M+.

But I'll give it a shot and report back.

11. Falko Freund

Falko Freund NI Product Owner

sounds on reaktor still dont work

12. Chet Manly

Chet Manly New Member

I’ve got an issue where, when loading a project it gets stuck on loading forever. Is this going to be addressed in the upcoming update?

13. tetsuneko

Have you tried opening that same project in the maschine desktop software? I had problems with one project once and opening and resaving in the desktop software helped.

14. Chet Manly

Chet Manly New Member

I haven’t. It looks like I can load the project if I jump to another one first.

I’ll try this workaround until the update comes out. Thanks!