Make Native Mix Recorder Highest Priority for Traktor Scratch Pro .1 Release / Update

Discussion in 'Feature Suggestions' started by blancodisco, Oct 17, 2008.

1. mastermc

mastermc NI Product Owner

well if you can edit any part of the recording then fine, then traktor can be an editing tool not just a live tool

2. djreff

djreff NI Product Owner

+1 on that

3. Royal Tee

Royal Tee NI Product Owner

On 16-10-2008 @ 23:58
    This thread was created...
    as of 21-9-2012 @ 03:30
    We still have no NMR but a crapload of hardware.

It's obvious whre NI's priorities are. :S

4. malzfreund

malzfreund NI Product Owner

and rightfully so. there's a bunch of other software which provides functionality equivalent to the NMR.

imo, traktor is a live tool. those that cannot mix should turn to something like mixmeister.

5. Royal Tee

lmao... Do you know how ridiculous that sounds?
    Maybe you just never used it, didn't know how to
    or
    are too narrowminded to realize that NMR was just another tool within Traktor.
    It has nothing to do with being able to mix "live" and more to do with allowing you to create a sound.

Quantzing and pressing buttons is "Live" ..LMFAO!

6. h00lah00la

h00lah00la NI Product Owner

Serato, hmm? Checking their new announcements they describe an "in software recording" feature - which sounds suspiciously what NMX used to be.

I cannot believe I'm even considering this, but since NI had this feature working just fine already and now seem to intentionally ignore it, maybe enough users switching to another software is the kick in the a$$ that NI needs...

-h00la
    ---
    Wrong - *you* may be using Traktor solely as a live tool. *Others* used to use Traktor both for live gigs (whatever "live" means) **and** for editing / recording. I don't want to use a second tool for something Traktor was perfectly fine for.

7. Royal Tee

Dead on H00la!
    Sad but true...
    While switching from Traktor would be extreme as I could never get into Serato this whole narrow minded notion of "Traktor was made for...." is ridiculous.

Thinking outside the box is what makes a product stand out. aorn we have a crap load of controllers that all do the same thing in one way or another or close to it.

8. signaturex

signaturex NI Product Owner

so .. after reading through release promises for ABLETON 9 and the statement that there is no intended release date for bridge within serato ITCH .. i believe that this software feature is in no way going to make it through these bitches at serato either.

9. xismo

xismo New Member

I'd also like to see the recorder come back. I haven't used it in later versions but I've used it in Traktor 1.0 a lot mostly for studying mixes, what works and what doesn't. If the functionality is there I really don't see why it shouldn't be implemented. Don't use it if you don't like it simple as that.

10. Royal Tee

Happy 5th Anniversary to this thread.

5 years and counting!

11. voodoobass

voodoobass Forum Member

...and just as relevant as ever! Come ON Native Instruments, listen to your customers please!

12. blancodisco

blancodisco NI Product Owner

Yes... NI please revisit this KEY feature request. It was one of THE BEST features running.

13. mastermc

never gonna happen.

14. Royal Tee

6 years and counting.... wow.

15. mastermc

lol this obviously is not a priority

16. signaturex

6 years whatever .. ive been bitching about this for 8

17. signaturex

and henceforth … not to worry / most users ported thier aspirations to Live where actions are editable and recordable, or switched to serato in response to 'the bridge' which was … ashcanned as well. A dj- centric DAW type program with action editing will never be a reality BECAUSE it pushes your abilities beyond the scope of the software to support you. Traktor and Serato will never support technologey that makes thier core sales position obsolete.

18. Christof Van der Stichele

Christof Van der Stichele New Member

I used to record with Native Recorder, it was a great feature of the old Traktor. I didn't use Traktor much for a while and now I am using it again after upgrading to Traktor Pro, just found out this is gone. it wsa great to get some aspects of a mix, demo etc... absolutely perfect.

19. mastermc

i doubt they will put it back

20. Budge78

Budge78 New Member

I'm a "bedroom DJ" that likes to make mixes for my cycle to work and to put out on the internet. I'd previously been mixing with my mouse and keyboard using Traktor DJ Studio 3. I want to get into live DJing so I asked for Kontrol S2 for my birthday. I was excited with the new kit and updated djing software. I was really impressed with the improvements to the djing software, all until I went to record a mix and to my horror discovered that there was no native mix recorder. I could not believe Native Instruments had removed such a useful feature from the software. I did some research and discovered that was indeed the case.

Under the naive assumption that in 2017, 15 years since Traktor DJ Studio, most pro-level mixing software would have their own take on the Native Mix Recorder, I thought I'd opted for the wrong controller and software, that I should have gone with Rekordbox and Pioneer DDJ-RB or the DDJ-SB2 with Serato. How did I miss this in my research? But NO! There is no mixing software that has this function! WTF! In which case WHY WOULD NI REMOVE THIS FUNCTION? It gives NI a significant edge over the competition.

I like to record long mixes, up to three hours. Besides, the awesome privilege of being able to mix for two hours **** up and not have to re-record the entire thing again, just being able to put the mix on pause and come back to it later was an awesome feature. In an age where distribution is democratised, a massive audience ready and waiting easily accessible through the internet, why anybody would not want a feature that allows the correction of mistakes, a mix pause function and the ability to polish mixes to studio quality is beyond me. This is becoming an overcrowded market, nobody else is offering this feature, why isn't NI working to re-implement this feature within Traktor Pro 2?

Discovering this is the most demanded function on this forum and nearly 10 years nothing has happened doesn't inspire much hope. For home mixing, I am now using the Kontrol 2 with DJ Studio 3 just because of the Native Mix Recorder. This is very disappointing because the vast majority of the functions on the Kontrol S2 don't function with DJ Studio 3. The moment a competitor implements a similar function I will be jumping ship.

• Like Like x 2