1. Hi everyone,

Apple just released Logic Pro 10.5 for MacOS 10.15. We found out that Crush Pack, Mod Pack, Replika, and Replika XT will crash.

Our teams are currently working on a fix, and we hope to have this out to you as soon as we can!

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi all!

A quick update on our Summer of Sound sale, which went live earlier this week. While the sale has already been active both on our website and with retailers worldwide, we felt that it was not the right time to do any marketing around it. We felt that there were more important voices and messages that needed to be heard during this time.

We know that this a popular sale and that many of our regular customers look forward to this event each year, so we just wanted to let you know why we have not communicated about it so far. All communication will be going live on Monday, in the meantime, we hope that you will find something in our sale that excites you. Stay safe and happy music making.

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

Managing Playlists?

Discussion in 'TRAKTOR SCRATCH' started by hamzter, Jul 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AudioRapture

AudioRapture NI Product Owner

are the tracks all on your external drive? there are other users who have performance problems with external drives.

Do the five minutes refer to the "Importing" window (during which time you cannot use Traktor) or does it include the analysis, as well?
    How many tracks does traktor say you have?

2. hamzter

hamzter Forum Member

yes, the music is on an external USB drive... I am in the process of doing an e-SATA expresscard and connecting the external drive via e-SATA... really cool case I have.

yes, importing. analysis only takes seconds per track. as far as how many traks I think it recognizes in the thousands.

3. AudioRapture

AudioRapture NI Product Owner

If you select "Track Collection" Traktor tells you at the bottom left how many tracks you have.

4. hamzter

hamzter Forum Member

cool... I will have to check it when I get home.

5. hamzter

hamzter Forum Member

so it says something like 175 > 13.3 hours or something like that.

I disabled the background analysis due to TS crashing after like 3 hours of play... it disturbed me greatly, but I will test it again today to see if this is still the problem of my TS crash...

I had fun mixing with it though in that 3 hours.;) Good thing it wasn't for a live show, but for my practice session.:cool:

6. DJ Freshfluke

DJ Freshfluke Traktor Mod Moderator

so obviously your 200 gigs are not imported...

7. hamzter

hamzter Forum Member

Ok... so as of today, I have a new Macbook Pro and lost my collection file, because the idiot I am I forgot to save it. So I have to start from scratch.

I have version 1.1 of TS now. Seems to be much better. How should I manage it so that the tracks are in the collection with BPM and time analyzed... I now have a 750GB external Sata with about 450GB of mp3s I am only going to add to the collection about 50gbs. I have a Top 100 folder that is about 17GBs, but it seems like it is taking forever to add to the collection.

I looked and there are about 4,780 tracks. should this take very long?

8. DJ Freshfluke

as stated before:

the import process does not take very long - also this happens only once, because if you turn on the option *import music folders at startup* it imports only the new added tracks to the collection, not the whole music folder again.

... you have a music folder specified, did you?

what takes ages is the analyzation. but also, this is only once.
    let it be done overnight. do it from the collection, not from explorer folders.

9. hamzter

hamzter Forum Member

when I add a folder to a collection, do I do it from the explorer in TS or how do I do it?

10. DJ Freshfluke

i'm talking about a music folder that you can specify in the traktor preferences under browser preferences > file paths...

point this to the root of where all your music lies. turn on *import music folders on startup* in the prefs too, and whenever you add tracks somewhere in that file structure (via itunes or manually in your windows explorer/ mac finder), they will be added automatically to your collection when you start traktor.

you can also from the explorer node in TS choose a folder and right-click on it > import folder. but if you have a lot of folders, it's quite uncomfortable. easiest is the way with one (or more) main music folders.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.