1. Please do not install macOS 10.15 Catalina yet, as Native Instruments software and hardware products are not supported under macOS 10.15 yet. For more info, please go HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Manual in German or English for the B4D anyone?

Discussion in 'B4 & B4 II' started by Dabert, Feb 21, 2014.

1. Dabert

Dabert New Member

Hi all,

I am new to this forum although I have been using the NI Komplete Ultimate 9 and the NI Classic Keys incl. B4 II for a while now.

Yesterday, I was finally able to plug in my recently acquired B4D. Even though I might have figured out essentially how the sliders send data, I am still somewhat puzzled about how to use it with B4 II. Therefore, my question is if someone could mail me a copy of the B4D manual (I have the B4 II manuals) - it was not included in my purchase and I could not find it on the net. German or English would be perfect. You could mail me at cvfr (at) freenet de and I would forever be greatful to you :)

Essentially, the sliders behave strangely as they send out the same CCs on every manual - in the setup page with the B4D bcm file, it looks like different CCs per slider per manual are expected. The only thing different per manual is the status byte.

This works great in VO with B4D map selected but not so great in B4 II.

Here is what I found out so far:

1) As the B4D only outputs the same CCs on every manual per respective slider, NI
    apparently has some proprietary comms going with the status byte - a la MSB / LSB.

One MUST set upper to channel 1, lower to 2 and pedal to 3 - controller
    channel MUST be 1 for it all to work properly. Why all the other options are there beats me as they do not work properly as expected (either no slider moves or the respective slider moves on one or more manuals at the same time).

2) The blue labels are shortcuts: TW + <number> changes the tonewheel, Preset 0-9 + <number> selects a preset - with that you can select any preset up to 120 directly

3) FS-1 outputs CC 66 - FS-2 outputs CC 31

Thanks in advance if anyone still has a copy in either language and could forward it to me.

2. trolliflos

trolliflos New Member

Hi, I am using the B4D for a long time, first with B4 I, than B4 II, VB-3 and now: Vintage Organs. The B4D controller fits best to B4 and B4D. The B4D should send and receive an all MIDI Channels (Channel 1: Upper, 2: Lower, 3: Pedal). The output of the B4 II should send out to the B4D to get feedback of the settings if you change a preset.

The two footswitches are hard-wired to percussion on/off and vibrato on/off, mirroring the switches on the panel. No chance to use them as a leslie control, so you have to use the mod wheel of the keyboard or configure another controller on your keyboard.

Jörg

3. Dabert

Dabert New Member

Hi Jörg,

thanks again so much for helping me out here and sending the manual scan!! I cannot thank you enough for taking the time - it means a lot to me!

Cheers,
    Robert

4. Dabert

Dabert New Member

PS: I use the Aftertouch function of my keyboards (old Yamaha SY-85 and SY-35) for Leslie control - works like a charm in B4 II and in VO.

5. trolliflos

trolliflos New Member

You're welcome!

Yes, Aftertouch is a good solution in most cases. But I want the Leslie to keep going fast even if I not press a long chord on the keyboard. So a switch is a better solution for me.

6. boigman

boigman New Member

Hi Jörg. Could I also get a scanned copy of the B4D Manual?

Thanks so much.

--Dave

7. jsturms01

jsturms01 New Member

I have had a B4d for several years and have somehow lost the manual. I have searched the internet to no avail. If anyone has a scanned copy, I would be extremely grateful. I am now using it with Vintage organs
    Thanks in Advance

Jeff

8. areciosmith

areciosmith New Member

I everyone! Could I get a copy of that manual also? Please email it to areciosmith (a) gmail.com
    The issue is: the swell pedal input works with a DIN (midi type) input...i'd like to know if there's any
    option to use a standar expression pedal. Thanks to all!!

9. trolliflos

trolliflos New Member

Hi areciosmith, I will send you a link to the german user's manual, but there isn't included any schematics for the DIN connector for the swell pedal. You might do some search in this forum, e.g. I'll find this, maybe it's helpful: http://www.native-instruments.com/forum/threads/pinout-for-pedal-connector-on-b4d-controller.135798/

I used my B4D for several VSTi's: B4II, VB3 and until now: Vintage Organs. I use a foot controller (Yamaha FC-9, CV-mode) connected to the foot control input of my keyboard. The MIDI-Controller Data is routed in my DAW to the VSTi so I can configure it to control the virtual swell pedal. If you use a master keyboard with foot control jack, this would be an easier solution than creating an adaptor for the DIN jack.

10. 97teledlx

97teledlx New Member

Hello to all,

My name is Mark and I am new to the forum. I recently purchased a NI B4D with power supply, but the manual was not included. I would like to ask if someone would be kind enough to email me a copy of the manual? Thanks in advance.

11. bobshu

bobshu NI Product Owner

I am also looking for a copy of the B4D manual. If anyone would send me one, it would be much appreciated