mapping editor: functions

Discussion in 'Feature Suggestions' started by nick.caris, Nov 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nick.caris

nick.caris New Member

the mapping editor in traktor needs:

- selection of multiple lines
    - cut/paste lines
    - resizable window

and as mentioned by nearly everybody else, please activate MIDI learn for LED output.

These functions would save my eyesight, countless hours of mapping and would yield neater mapping design for when sharing .tsi files among the online community. some of my mappings are close to 1mb when exported, and thats alot of lines for someone to try and understand and customize unless its well organised. Also, alot of advanced mapping techniques rely on commands being executed in a specific order, why should I have to re write over 200 lines of mappings because i cant move the lines ?

many thanks

2. lethal_pizzle

lethal_pizzle NI Product Owner

Yes I agree, although all these points are already feature suggestions.

AFAIK the order commands are executed in are not related to the order in which they are added.

3. nick.caris

nick.caris New Member

^^ I investigated and can now confirm you are correct. I may have been very lucky with the order of commands in my mappings.

4. lethal_pizzle

lethal_pizzle NI Product Owner

Yeah, the order is set, which isn't always desirable. You should be able to set a 'priority' on each command.

5. Mikha

Mikha NI Product Owner

6. -Yul-

-Yul- NI Product Owner

+1.000

each time I'm using it, I'm just amazed how user unfriendly it is.
    It is a shame really for the overall quality of the software.

7. at0mikab00m

at0mikab00m Forum Member

+1

Also I would like to see:

MORE modifiers
    the abillity to merge map files (without modifiers conflicting)

8. DJ Urkel Dee

DJ Urkel Dee Forum Member

9. Justin MAASKOTT

Justin MAASKOTT Forum Member

+1 : it will be a solution for most of the problems I met in my mapping development. Please NI make an effort on the MIDI user interface...

10. Justin MAASKOTT

I don't understand the NI politics about user feedbacks: we have to search for an already existing topic about a feature we are requesting, but they are all closed... :eek:
    How to be consistent, then, in requesting the same feature as other users: it is not possible to post in the corresponding thread!

For the command order, I suggest a field on the left to define the priority. Or may be the order could be taken into account as shown, with a drag-and-drop feature.

@lethal_pizzle:
    I can't send MP because I am under 20 posts on this forum, and I can't answer on the corresponding forum either because it's... closed! Can you send me a message (that way I could probably answer to you)? It is about Slip Mode in Traktor. Thanks.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2010
  11. Justin MAASKOTT

It is funny to see that previous Traktor (I thought of 1.2.1 and 1.2.3) had this feature inside. In conclusion, it was removed (for some reason I don't know about). I am not sure that a removed function has a chance to be added again...

Please NI, make a effort on this point. To me, this is one of the most important feature improvement you could do.

Happy new year to you all !

12. DJattackZ

DJattackZ New Member

Yes Please!

13. johnny5000

johnny5000 Forum Member

+1 for resizing the window! That alone would make life so much easier.

14. electblake

electblake New Member

+1 for any and all updates to Controller Manager.

resize window, order, copy/paste, print (would be awesome), any and all updates will be massively appreciated and would make using Traktor (vs others) that much more appealing.

15. EasySkankinSound

EasySkankinSound NI Product Owner

Last week I tried to make some quick changes to the midi mappings for my friend's S4 ... oh dear. i had forgotten that there is no "quick" in Traktor's controller editor.

That's not true, the "duplicate"-function is great and quick. but still you can't copy the assigment and switch e.g. from "in" to "out" (I would love to hear from someone at NI why this is so difficult, just to think about it for myself, parsing and creating an assigment can't be so hard, can it?), or use duplicate-like functions in many similar situations. I want the same as most people here:

- a copy/paste function, ideally for multiple functions (to copy from one controller to another), obviously then one would have to reassign, but that is one of the quick features in the controller editor
    - grouping, tree-view, whatever you want to call it, some way to organize the mappings and be able to have an overview

if anyone at NI is interested, I wrote some lines how this could be achieved. but it is surely more a matter of priorities than lack of ideas how to do it? I would love to have some insight about the software-decisions at NI (not to argue about them, just to understand why)

right now it feels like you have to plan your mapping with pen&paper (which is probably a good idea) and then spend a lot of time implementing it. this is the bad part. because one has to repeat almost the same steps over and over. and sitting in front of a computer, this just doesn't feel good, more like using the wrong language (or wrong editor ;) ) for what what one wants to do. where it seems so easy to change.

i really don't need the graphical midi mappings, just some improvements to the controller editor we have

16. yvesa

yvesa NI Product Owner

+1
    (and more cond.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.