1. Please do not install macOS 10.15 Catalina yet, as Native Instruments software and hardware products are not supported under macOS 10.15 yet. For more info, please go HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Mapping Encoders to Loop Xone 1D

Discussion in 'TRAKTOR PRO / TRAKTOR SCRATCH PRO' started by kennycampbell, Mar 19, 2015.

1. kennycampbell

kennycampbell New Member

ok, I'm not going to claim to be the greatest at mapping in Traktor, so please go easy on me. I've searched but can't seem to find the answer.

What I want to do map the top encoders to control loops. I managed this before on Traktor Pro but got sold my 1D's. Now I've got another pair to use, prefer them over the X1, and it's TP2 I have.

Previously I was able to map the push button part of the encoder to start a loop and the rotary part to control the length. I could then push down again and it was release the loop and everything would be in sync.

But I can't seem to do that in TP2. Can it be done? Has anyone done it they can share their settings?

I can only get it to set a loop point but not start the actual loop, and I can't get it to control the length. It just jumps straight to 32 when i turn the rotary.

I've tried mapping the different loop options without success

2. -Yul-

-Yul- NI Product Owner

there's no specific magic here, the push button is used for loop set and the encoder itself for loop size selector.
    I guess what you may have missed is that the encoder is sending two different messages as far as I remember so you need to have two commands, one INC(reased) and one DEC(reased) and set up as buttons, not encoder.
    I haven't used a 1d in quite few years but you may need also to use the loop set command with the loop active modifier (=0), so you can use the loop active command when you want to go out the loop (with the loop active modifier =1).
    Does that make sense?
    Once again it's as far as I remember ^^

3. kennycampbell

kennycampbell New Member

Apologies! I didn't get a notification for this