1. Hi everyone,

Apple just released Logic Pro 10.5 for MacOS 10.15. We found out that Crush Pack, Mod Pack, Replika, and Replika XT will crash.

Our teams are currently working on a fix, and we hope to have this out to you as soon as we can!

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

mapping kontrol x1 to adjust key dial in traktor?

Discussion in 'TRAKTOR PRO / TRAKTOR SCRATCH PRO' started by Ganza T, Feb 22, 2012.

1. Ganza T

Ganza T New Member

So im having to use my mouse to adjust the key while mixing in traktor how can i map out to kontrol x1 to use a dial to adjust or is this not possible? help please?;)

2. fourther

fourther Forum Member

I did this just 2 days ago.

Very simple

Just add new slot to map
    Choose mixer > Key

LEARN - twist knob of choice
    Take learn off

choose which target you want it for on the right.

this is just from my head but its quite similar

3. danno1234

danno1234 Forum Member

+1
    but you'll also have to delete the original mapping for that knob or it will still control the old function aswell as your key parameters. If you scroll through the list of mappings whilst your key mapping is selected any duplicates will be highlighted.

Best of luck. On the plus side if you balls it up it's easy to reassign the default map and there's no harm done ;)

4. Ganza T

Ganza T New Member

Sweet i knew it was buried in there somewhere thanx a lot oh and btw trying to get my name out there looking to make some pals from around this planet , minimal tech tech house techno djs and producers looking for another if possible to join a crew :) any direction would be nice! thanx again for the tip appreciate it!
    ---
    ---
    oh another thing why am i getting that constant squeal in my monitors and headphones and speakers sounds like the signal from the control cds? doesnt affect my recordings or anything butits really annoying to have to listen too on my end any thoughts on that?

5. rockdicasbah

rockdicasbah New Member

Hey I have the question, the new traktor pro 2.6.1. doesnt have that KEY button on there to map, where is it?

6. DJ Freshfluke

DJ Freshfluke Traktor Mod Moderator

in the respective mixer part of traktor's gui. make sure you have it turned on in the preferences.

7. rockdicasbah

rockdicasbah New Member

Yes I see it on the screen, but what i mean is that I don't see the key knob as a mapping option in the controller management tab in the options. According to user Fourther, he said it's in Choose Mixer > Key, but its not there.
    So I can't midi map the key knob, any ideas?

8. DJ Freshfluke

DJ Freshfluke Traktor Mod Moderator

the command is to find under:
    track deck > key adjust